I had a long delay getting the Wanda Jackson package and finally sent an e-mail asking if my goods should have arrived. Customer service said that for some reason my package did not ship and they would ship right away. Arrived a few days later. So they have paperwork stating if your package has shipped or not. Maybe wait another week, then send a message and include your username.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New Vault Packaged announced:

Deciding to pull out all the stops for Vault package #13, Third Man Records has dug deep into the archive and is offering its most historically significant collection yet.

The LP for this quarter is the White Stripes first-ever live show. Recorded at the Gold Dollar in Detroit on August 14th, 1997 while opening for Rocket 455 and ‘68 Comeback, this soundboard recording is overly striking in how present and fully-formed the presentation and execution of the White Stripes was so early on. Featuring a blistering cover of the Stooges’ “TV Eye” as well as radically different versions of originals like “Screwdriver” and “Lafayette Blues,”.

The accompanying 7” is a recording from the White Stripes first-ever live performance, recorded on Bastille Day, (July 14th, 1997) at the Gold Dollar’s open-mic night. Also presented in crystalline soundboard quality, the renditions of “St. James Infirmary”, “Jimmy the Exploder” and “Love Potion #9” are more of the “warts-and-all” variety.'

0709075006Vault13_REVISED_final.jpg

Yeah, it seems like a lot of the Vault 12" can be had for less than the $60, but the most popular ones fetch a lot more. I prefer to pay the $60 upfront, I also really like that they pre-announce so you can put your membership on hold for certain packages. I haven't done it, but it is a nice touch.

I wish I had started for the beginning as well. I'd really like that mono Icky Thump, everything else I am missing I could live without.

Edit: To directly answer questions it is $60 quarterly, which includes all the items in the picture plus shipping. July 31st is the cut-off for this package.

do they press more of these than the number of vault subscriptions?

they press based directly on the number of subscribers. they must press some extra because i've had one replaced that got damaged during shipping, and i've heard of others getting replacements. but they never press extra to sell or anything like that.

So I don't really listen to or know anything about these subscriptions and stuff, but is everything in them ebay gold? The ebay craziness thread has a fuckin $12k record? What do I have to do to get one of those?

not even sure why i'm dignifying this with a response but...

no, nothing is guaranteed to be ebay gold. if you want a $12,000 record, get a time machine and get a low numbered original beatles UK white album and make sure it stays mint, but even that probably won't be worth 12,000.

the vault packages are hard to guage. most of the white stripes packages fetch 4 or 5 times more than they originally were at SOME POINT. but you have to remember, they press as many as people order. i've already seen tons of people talking about how they're doing 3 or 4 different subscriptions for this one. either because they don't want to wear it out or because they intend to flip. either way, up to this point, this will probably be the least rare vault package yet. if you're just curious cause you want to make some quick cash, remember... nothing is a sure bet.

• 4 weeks later...