La Dispute

Tigers Jaw

Touché Amor

The Dear Hunter

The Story So Far

Underoath

Thursday

Just gonna leave this here

Caspian, This Will Destroy You, If These Trees Could Talk (I know that I own one of their albums), Maybeshewill, ASIWYFA, [insert any "Glockenspiel-DelayPedal-Copycat-Postrockband" right here]

Fun fact: I just googled them out of curiousity and found out that 4 of them were formed in 2005. Anyone with an idea or is it just a coincidence? (Serious question)

There's many of us brother. Just so many are afraid to admit it publicly.

I used to be a big fan and then all of a sudden I started to hate them. I think it was the non stop play on the radio combined with the outrageous amount of praise they receive. I swear there is a pact between all radio stations in the NY/NJ area where at least one station must have Led Zeppelin playing at all times.

Caspian, This Will Destroy You, If These Trees Could Talk (I know that I own one of their albums), Maybeshewill, ASIWYFA, [insert any "Glockenspiel-DelayPedal-Copycat-Postrockband" right here]

Get outta' here m8. It's okay if the genre isn't your thing, but of all the world's talentless bands to shit on...?

haha :D

Actually, I really enjoy instrumental music...but not those guys! I've seen most of them (edit: all of them) playing live, too.

I'd say that I listen to more instrumental bands compared to groups with vocalists, these days.  And of the bands you listed, I am confident that if each one released a completely new song, I could identify who wrote what with minimal effort.  I really don't understand how any of them are copying one another.  There are maybe a few similarities between early Caspian and early TWDY, but that's about it.  Other than that, you'd have to be outright silly to think that the crunchy riffs of ITTCT sound anything like the hyper guitars of ASIWYFA, or the piano-driven bangers of Maybeshewill, or the borderline-drone of TWDY.

Just my two cents, anyway.  And of the list, I've only seen ASIWYFA, but I thought they killed it.  Tons of energy and a sound that rivals their studio performance in clarity.

But different strokes for different folks, right?

I'd say that I listen to more instrumental bands compared to groups with vocalists, these days. And of the bands you listed, I am confident that if each one released a completely new song, I could identify who wrote what with minimal effort. I really don't understand how any of them are copying one another. There are maybe a few similarities between early Caspian and early TWDY, but that's about it. Other than that, you'd have to be outright silly to think that the crunchy riffs of ITTCT sound anything like hyper guitars of ASIWYFA, or the piano-driven bangers of Maybeshewill, or the borderline-drone of TWDY.

Just my two cents, anyway. And of the list, I've only seen ASIWYFA, but I thought they killed it. Tons of energy and a sound that rivals their studio performance in clarity.

But different strokes for different folks, right?

I bet he could care less about your opinion.

Post-rock is the stupidest fucking genre and just looking at those words together makes me wanna puke everywhere and then eat that puke again and then puke it out once more.

Also if you play a ukelele, go fuck yourself.

Fun fact: I just googled them out of curiousity and found out that 4 of them were formed in 2005. Anyone with an idea or is it just a coincidence? (Serious question)

Yea..wow.  never heard of any of those so went on a youtube bender for full albums and skipped around for a while.  Pretty awful stuff.  Each album sounded like one continuous boring shit show.  I couldn't tell if I was waiting in line at a hipster coffee shop downtown or in build mode in the fucking Sims.

OK EVERYONE, HERE'S THE DEAL:

Let's leave this thread entirely for bitching. No need to defend what you like and no need for any real explanation. I dig that sometimes you just gotta get shit out about how something sucks and I also understand the knee-jerk "FUK U NO WAY BAND IS V. GOOD" need to respond to disses against stuff you like, BUT THAT IS NOT THE SPIRIT OF THIS THREAD. IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING, THAT IS COOL AND AWESOME AND YOU ROCK THAT SHIT LIKE NO ONE AND/OR EVERYONE IS WATCHING. 

We cool, y'all?