PO - If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forrest 2/2

I normally read more thoroughly before asking questions in a thread, but all I can see is talk about the tour press and I don't have time to waste online today. I ordered the 2 non-tour variants the day they went up, and I still have not received them. Other people have gotten theirs correct? I also see that the 2nd press is up which makes me feel I REALLY should have gotten mine by now. Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

anyway, they didnt have the vinyl anymore as it sold out already. one of the guys told me people were going crazy over the records, started fights and shit.

:-/ what is wrong with people?

agreed, kinda takes away from the camaraderie of not only the concert but the music community as well. i doubt ittct, or hopefully many bands, wants this type of behavior and fighting over their record. it is a shame that the money aspect of it is causing people to miss the whole point, and those that respect the point of the band/music/record are suffering by forking out money for inflated prices.

ps: also when are people going to learn it only hurts the second hand community by bidding early on an item? for instance there will most likely always be last minute bidding, thus bidding early just increases the overall cost of owning the item. you are not going to win by bidding with 6 days left. all you are doing is causing the price to go up and up and up over the course of the auction. then at the end it will be bid up even higher. if it stayed at a low price then bidding went crazy, in my opinion, the ending cost would be significantly lower. also by having this 'first' auction go high it sets a price point for the item that not only other ebay'ers are going to try and achieve but people on the boards will base it upon that selling price. plus it compounds on top of the fact that the desire will be higher for people to flip due to more realizing they can make a buck off of it. I mean what individual is going to chose turning 20 into 30 over 20 into 100? /rant

I normally read more thoroughly before asking questions in a thread, but all I can see is talk about the tour press and I don't have time to waste online today. I ordered the 2 non-tour variants the day they went up, and I still have not received them. Other people have gotten theirs correct? I also see that the 2nd press is up which makes me feel I REALLY should have gotten mine by now. Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I have not gotten mine in yet. The tour presses were ready before the other variants or something like that.

Not sure if the 2nd pressing for this is already up but the s/t 2nd pressing is/was up. IIRC the 2nd pressing for this was mentioned to be coming either this week or next but my memory is really shitty.

As far as I know these have not been shipped yet! I think SOS received the records a few days ago and start shipping as we speak...

ps: also when are people going to learn it only hurts the second hand community by bidding early on an item? for instance there will most likely always be last minute bidding, thus bidding early just increases the overall cost of owning the item. you are not going to win by bidding with 6 days left. all you are doing is causing the price to go up and up and up over the course of the auction. then at the end it will be bid up even higher. if it stayed at a low price then bidding went crazy, in my opinion, the ending cost would be significantly lower. also by having this 'first' auction go high it sets a price point for the item that not only other ebay'ers are going to try and achieve but people on the boards will base it upon that selling price. plus it compounds on top of the fact that the desire will be higher for people to flip due to more realizing they can make a buck off of it. I mean what individual is going to chose turning 20 into 30 over 20 into 100? /rant

This has bothered me for such a long time. It is just plain stupid. What is the logic? "I'm gonna bid 7 days early for a very popular record and hope no one else sees it."

It is just so self-defeating. Not only for the record itself, the community, the purchaser, the flippers, the record's value, etc. And it really is not that I am so much bitter as I am just dumbfounded on why people do that. Perhaps the sellers are bidding on their own item or something.

Also it is not that I mind people selling shit they own it is more the potential buyers that continue to shoot themselves in the foot. It is a domino effect, because once the first sells for a particular price point, now not only will that record follow a similar trend (for the time being), but it drives up value of past records and demands for future records as a) people are worried on the fact that if they do not buy it upon release, what it could cost them one day once on ebay and B) more people hoping to make a buck because it is now more worth the trouble. The person buyer is actually helping get the music/records/(kinda any item for that matter not just records) into the hands of more money makers/wishers than the people who would actually like to own it for what it is and not the amount of income it could bring.

Records are not nearly as bad as posters/artwork is though. It is kinda a shitty deal/vicious circle in all honesty.

It is just so self-defeating. Not only for the record itself, the community, the purchaser, the flippers, the record's value, etc. And it really is not that I am so much bitter as I am just dumbfounded on why people do that. Perhaps the sellers are bidding on their own item or something.

Also it is not that I mind people selling shit they own it is more the potential buyers that continue to shoot themselves in the foot. It is a domino effect, because once the first sells for a particular price point, now not only will that record follow a similar trend (for the time being), but it drives up value of past records and demands for future records as a) people are worried on the fact that if they do not buy it upon release, what it could cost them one day once on ebay and B) more people hoping to make a buck because it is now more worth the trouble. The person buyer is actually helping get the music/records/(kinda any item for that matter not just records) into the hands of more money makers/wishers than the people who would actually like to own it for what it is and not the amount of income it could bring.

Records are not nearly as bad as posters/artwork is though. It is kinda a shitty deal/vicious circle in all honesty.

What's weird is that at the US release show in Akron, not too many people were going and pre-ordering the tour press. Maybe King can confirm that for me. But it seems like it's a Euro thing to get them and flip them because every time I see these guys they always have tons of the LP's left over. Just my thoughts on it.

About 150 packages for the first pressing went to the post office this morning, and the rest will be going out tomorrow/Wednesday at the latest.

About 150 packages for the first pressing went to the post office this morning, and the rest will be going out tomorrow/Wednesday at the latest.

:clappinghandsbigsmilecantwaitsoexcitedface

What's weird is that at the US release show in Akron, not too many people were going and pre-ordering the tour press. Maybe King can confirm that for me. But it seems like it's a Euro thing to get them and flip them because every time I see these guys they always have tons of the LP's left over. Just my thoughts on it.

Yeah it was a pretty peaceful gathering at the CD release show. I was worried there was going to be a bum rush at the start because there were quite a few people lined up before the doors opened but once they opened the doors, there was one guy ahead of me that ordered 4 copies, and then me and my brother who each got one, and then maybe another guy or two behind me initially.

By the end of the show, it appeared there were 20 or so names down in their book so they alotted for quite a few preorders, but no one was going crazy trying to get it.

I don't know if that would have changed if there were only 5 or so available but I doubt it.

Also, really excited to hear the first batch has been shipped out. Hope I'm apart of that!

scienceofsilence, you had mentioned previously there was a bit of overrun on this first pressing. Any information on when those will be available to purchase? I need to get the red verison. I only ordered the yellow.

Flipping is a Euro thing? That's something pretty stupid to say...(but it seems like it's a US thing ;);D )

Flipping is a Euro thing? That's something pretty stupid to say...(but it seems like it's a US thing ;);D )

You know I <3 you Sasan, I just meant that noone here was getting into fights to get the record and such.

yayeah!

All US orders have been sent out as of this morning. The remaining international order will be sent out very soon as well.

There were some orders where we weren't given a t-shirt size. We have reached out to all those people and as soon as we know the shirt size the package will go out - there are a couple US orders included in there (hopefully no one on here).

I can't find a link to the 2nd pressing for the life of me.

Link please?

Pre-order will go up tomorrow, http://scienceofsilence.limitedrun.com/. Time is TBA, but probably similar to the first pre-order (1 PM EST).

is the bundle option just coming with the artwork or is there a tshirt included too?

Pre-order will go up tomorrow, http://scienceofsilence.limitedrun.com/. Time is TBA, but probably similar to the first pre-order (1 PM EST).

is the bundle option just coming with the artwork or is there a tshirt included too?

The bundle this time around will be just for 12"x12" album art print - need to edit the webstore.