Strangest band on a label

The Snake The Cross The Crown on Equal Vision always weirded me out....I still feel if they had chosen a different label to call home they would have gotten a bit bigger, they don't sound anything like the majority of bands on that label's past and current roster of artists/bands....they always got put on tours where they were kind of the outcasts/odd man out on tour....

CKY being signed to Def Jam.

There is a difference between being signed to a label and putting out a 7" on a label. Many labels will let bands put out 7"s on smaller labels because they arent signed to them and it wont be a big calling for them.

def jam put out slayer records.

^ and Johnny Cash.

Werent those under a different umbrella though and not put out as strictly a Def Jam release?

When Rubin split from Def Jam he started Def American with then became just American. I know most if not all of the JC albums were on American.

Hi Fi and the Roadburners were an odd one indeed. I remember liking that 7" but when I pulled it a month or so ago it didn't live up to my memories.

So I just noticed that Big Eyes released an e.p. on Tank Crimes and it got me wondering. What are some of the strangest releases by labels? List 'em!

Tank Crimes only released the tape version of the 7" we put out! Its because Mark plays in Seasick and Kicking Spit who both released stuff on that label.