Where Do You Plan On Going For RSD Day 2012?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waterloo and then End of an Ear. Usually Waterloo gets everything since it's one of the most popular record stores in the U.S. i'm fuckin' lucky. Anyway, I'll probably head out and try to be there by 5am or 6am tops. Last year my buddies were there bbq'ing at 7am when we arrived. By the time they opened the line was horrendous. but i was able to get everything i wanted. This year there are only 3 or 4 things i want, so i'm lucky.

anyway, can anyone help me get 1 record i'm dying to get, just in case, we can probably hash out a trade. i usually text people while i'm there and grab shit for them if they can't get it at their store, or i get it earlier than them. usually it's a mass texting between 4 or 5 people with their wants and i just grab and hold off, till they text to tell me if they did or didn't get something at their place. it works out that way and we all get what we want. last year i got scott that city and colour silkscreen (even though i should have just kept it and traded it :P) for cost, among a few other things for other people. it was fun and me and appletree got lunch after (austin, i owe you breakfast this time around)

so anyone in for helping me out and i can do the same? just trying hard to get that POISON IDEA - pick your king 7" really bad.

My Mind's Eye in Lakewood, Oh. Hope to God they at least get the Refused & Crosses records. & the Michael Buble 7". Yeah I said it. My wife is stoked for those 80s movie soundtracks which I agree would be cool.

Anyone else have any good Northeast Ohio suggestions? Im from the Kent/Streetsboro area but the record stores in Kent blow big time.

I'm going to Long In The Tooth in Philly. Last year, I went to Repo and it was disappointing although I did get my copy of Bleed American. Why I didn't go to the Tooth last year is beyond me because that store rules and Nick (the owner) is the man.

Definitely gonna hit them up on RSD, haven't been there since November and I love them. Probably gonna go to Beautiful World Syndicate as well, haven't been yet and I hear they're great.

I live in Albany Ny and we have 3 record stores but none get RSD shit and if they do it's all pretty lame. Last year I drove 150 miles to northern Vermont to hit up Pure Pop, they had everything I wanted, plus the majority of people there wanted the Phish album (go figure). Left at 530 am and arrived at like 7:15, met some pretty cool hippies. Nabbed everything I wanted, so I'll be heading up there again this year. Pretty excited to head back up there, not to stoked on what is released this year. I really want the Straylight Run album and the Fun. 7

Just an FYI. They are doing the Phish release at midnight this year so it will be less crowded. Also, they are doing a lottery for spots in line so you only need the get there a little bit before they open. No need to wake up super early.

anyone in minneapolis? trying to figure out which store to hit up first

I'd say avoid Electric Fetus MPLS at all costs, they're the most publicized and ridiculous for long lines starting at 3am.

last year I did this: Extreme Noise, Treehouse, Cheapo Uptown, Hymie's, Down In The Valley Golden Valley and Crystal and Cheapo Blaine. I got screwed out of Nirvana by a dude blocking me from getting it but I got pretty much everything else. controlthebleeding got me a Pinback 7" (thanks again Mike) and I picked up Piebald for someone.

Treehouse is normally my favorite store to hit up, they open at 9am. I've been asking Extreme Noise what their open time is this year, they said they don't know yet. last year was 8am so it worked out the best for store hopping.

I'm hoping to spend a LOT less money this year though, I went too nuts and bought so many things I didn't intend to find.

I kinda just want the Flogging Molly 7" and the Bronx/Mariachi El Bronx Split. Definately not worth lining up early at Rhino in Claremont, Ca. I went last year for releases I legitimately wanted but got stuck too far back in line that everything was gone by time I got in. Ended up just picking a few up online.

Awesome thread though. I know a few record stores nearby like Ameoba, Kaos, and Rhino, but never heard of Fingerprints. I'll have to check it out next time I'm out that way.