PO: Mae - Destination Beautiful

After spinning it and taking a look again, I may have overreacted a little with the "daaaamn" but it's still feeling and looking pretty thin. I just compared it to Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms and its a tad thicker than that (your average classic rock, dollar bin record). I don't know if it's because I've happened to have purchased/spun mostly around 180g records lately but it just seemed thinner than I expected when I first pulled it out. It sounds good and looks fantastic though. Not necessarily a complaint as much as an observation. 

edit: I don't have a scale or anything but I'd have to assume it would be 150g if that's what Buffbloom's weighed. 

Just thought I should tell you that every time I see your name it makes me think of that "Dream Over" part in "I Was Born In Omaha." It is awesome. Thank you. I almost feel like giving you good selling karma for this.

thats exactly where the name comes from. You're the first that's ever mentioned it!

Can't understand why people are questioning Buffbloom for weighing his records. Definitely not something I would do unless I was suspicious I received an incorrect weight but I sort of like when I check the thread of a record I bought and he posts the weight of it.

Can't understand why people are questioning Buffbloom for weighing his records. Definitely not something I would do unless I was suspicious I received an incorrect weight but I sort of like when I check the thread of a record I bought and he posts the weight of it.

why? i don't understand why it matters how much it weighs. it's not like labels are advertising 180 gram records and sending out 120 gram records. vinyl production is a manual process. 180 grams is an estimation. does it matter if it's actually 172 or 190 grams? what's next? collecting different weighted records? "i have it on 172 AND 186 gram vinyl! i'm looking for 173-185!"

why? i don't understand why it matters how much it weighs. it's not like labels are advertising 180 gram records and sending out 120 gram records. vinyl production is a manual process. 180 grams is an estimation. does it matter if it's actually 172 or 190 grams? what's next? collecting different weighted records? "i have it on 172 AND 186 gram vinyl! i'm looking for 173-185!"

What if I told you that it doesn't matter and I just like doing it?  What does it matter to you?

Shhh. You're giving people ideas.

Name Taken was advertised as 180 gram. Came in at 160.