IVWT Banned?

WAWAIWA!

I guess I'm in the minority in saying that I'm not boycotting SRC but no this doesn't look good. No bueno.

For the record (HA!) I like this board a lot. Diverse taste in music, heads up on PO's, and pretty good at sales and buying. Hope everyone not fleeing....just yet ;)

...oh and IVWT is solid. BACKED HARD!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys. I (Jenna) did not do the banning but I have input on the situation. His stuff is not going be promoted here any more and that is that.

Reason being. There is a title we are done with and no longer carrying - Thursday Waiting. Three guys in the warehouse wanted a copy and I told them no cause we only have enough to fill orders. Told them to find it elsewhere and Danny would buy it for them/ship it to us. They found it at IVWT. He refused to sell to us and gave attitude.

We often buy records from various other companies. I buy from Interpunk often for stuff that I personally like and we do not carry. It is very childish to not let someone buy because you for some reason don't like their company.

So all in all if he is not going to let our staff buy he or his store is no longer going to promoted on here. We put a lot of time into managing and maintaining this board for everyone. We allow every company to use it for free to promote their products.

Wait really? I kinda don't think so. This thing runs on the super shitty proboards format which requires almost ZERO upkeep, so other than deleting threads/posters you don't like there is really nothing to it. Even if you sank the tiniest bit of effort into a nice pbpbb setup I still wouldn't buy that arguement. Basically you bought a name with a built-in user base, so don't act like there is any significant work or expense going into this.

Wait really? I kinda don't think so. This thing runs on the super shitty proboards format which requires almost ZERO upkeep, so other than deleting threads/posters you don't like there is really nothing to it. Even if you sank the tiniest bit of effort into a nice pbpbb setup I still wouldn't buy that arguement. Basically you bought a name with a built-in user base, so don't act like there is any significant work or expense going into this.

I am curious about how this went down. Did SRC pay virgil for the board or did he just give it to them? Maybe they bought the vinylcollective.com from him and he gave them the board with it...

Hey Guys. I (Jenna) did not do the banning but I have input on the situation. His stuff is not going be promoted here any more and that is that.

Reason being. There is a title we are done with and no longer carrying - Thursday Waiting. Three guys in the warehouse wanted a copy and I told them no cause we only have enough to fill orders. Told them to find it elsewhere and Danny would buy it for them/ship it to us. They found it at IVWT. He refused to sell to us and gave attitude.

We often buy records from various other companies. I buy from Interpunk often for stuff that I personally like and we do not carry. It is very childish to not let someone buy because you for some reason don't like their company.

So all in all if he is not going to let our staff buy he or his store is no longer going to promoted on here. We put a lot of time into managing and maintaining this board for everyone. We allow every company to use it for free to promote their products.

You certainly possess the ability to ban him. But he was within his right to refuse to sell to you. A business can refuse the right of service to anyone unless it's based on a discriminatory bias (race, religion, sex, etc).

IVWT was making a stand and not selling to you based on his principles. You blocked him based on what, a principle? No, the perception we have is that you banned him to be spiteful. And, that seems very, very childish.

does any of this reeaally matter?

i think everybody here frequents this board because they like records, not drama.

let them deal with it themselves. buy from whoever you want. move along

The thing is, one of the reasons people like the board was that they could goto the IVWT thread, ask about X record, and they'd very promptly respond.

So much drama around here. Buying, listening to and talking about records is suppose to be fun.

its the internet. there will always be drama but there would be a lot less of it here if the board had zero affiliation to any particular business / businesses. is there drama on deadformat? nothing major that i can see.

does any of this reeaally matter?

i think everybody here frequents this board because they like records, not drama.

let them deal with it themselves. buy from whoever you want. move along

The thing is, one of the reasons people like the board was that they could goto the IVWT thread, ask about X record, and they'd very promptly respond.

I hear ya. i suppose we can just do that on facebook, twitter, or email now though

I hear ya. i suppose we can just do that on facebook, twitter, or email now though

totally, and I will be doing that... which means I'll be spending less time here.

i wanted to draw a parallel with intolerant regimes or post a Heinrich Heine quote but whatever. dude...