IVWT Banned?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the business aspect, but it's still a move that will only hurt SRC. Remember the long, long ago time, when distros weren't allowed to post on the board? Now that that's been relaxed, I'd argue that we've all benefited from the increased information.

i'm only going to miss seeing people request things in that thread and getting an actual response, but there's always another medium to request things to order.

This was one of the best things about IVWT. You always got an answer, and usually pretty quick.

Hey Guys. I (Jenna) did not do the banning but I have input on the situation. His stuff is not going be promoted here any more and that is that.

Reason being. There is a title we are done with and no longer carrying - Thursday Waiting. Three guys in the warehouse wanted a copy and I told them no cause we only have enough to fill orders. Told them to find it elsewhere and Danny would buy it for them/ship it to us. They found it at IVWT. He refused to sell to us and gave attitude.

We often buy records from various other companies. I buy from Interpunk often for stuff that I personally like and we do not carry. It is very childish to not let someone buy because you for some reason don't like their company.

So all in all if he is not going to let our staff buy he or his store is no longer going to promoted on here. We put a lot of time into managing and maintaining this board for everyone. We allow every company to use it for free to promote their products.

So basically your employees are too lazy to order it for themselves from home, and since you placed an order for them like their Mom would do, it didn't work out and you are crying over spilled milk.

From IVWT's perspective it totally could have looked like a shady flipping move. And since your predecessor was a wizard at shady deals, you can't really fault the guy.

Pathetic.

Hey Guys. I (Jenna) did not do the banning but I have input on the situation. His stuff is not going be promoted here any more and that is that.

Reason being. There is a title we are done with and no longer carrying - Thursday Waiting. Three guys in the warehouse wanted a copy and I told them no cause we only have enough to fill orders. Told them to find it elsewhere and Danny would buy it for them/ship it to us. They found it at IVWT. He refused to sell to us and gave attitude.

We often buy records from various other companies. I buy from Interpunk often for stuff that I personally like and we do not carry. It is very childish to not let someone buy because you for some reason don't like their company.

So all in all if he is not going to let our staff buy he or his store is no longer going to promoted on here. We put a lot of time into managing and maintaining this board for everyone. We allow every company to use it for free to promote their products.

an eye for an eye? that isn't nice.

try a bit of nihilism folks... move on.

I find it funny that everyone seems to forget most people on here had nothing but love for SRC for a minute because of all the awesome deals,customer service,ect.

then slowly much like SRC started on this very board IVWT starts trickling into posts with "WE WILL HAVE THIS IS STOCK AND CHEAPER" until it was posted in almost every fucking thread. dude we get it

Brian is a friend of mine and will be making a statement soon. What was posted by SRC in this thread is a complete fabrication and an attempt to save face. The truth is coming, and i for one find this situation to be a great measuring stick towards the end of SRC as a viable business. the model was blown up by IVWT and their greediness has caused them to play childish games as opposed to make the necessary changes to keep their business afloat. be back soon with details.

We put a lot of time into managing and maintaining this board for everyone.

I was under the impression this was a free forums software and this forum cost you nothing? Not to mention there's barely any moderation going on (except for this event).

I think all of this cost them like $1000 or something...not sure though. Hence the word think.

i don't mind SRC. i've ordered a few random things from them, mainly RSD stuff i couldn't get at my stores around town. i know my orders got printed labels right away and said shipped...but weren't. slight annoyance, but really didn't bother me too much. i emailed them once because i ordered twice in a day and both said 'shipped'. i got one but the second order got held up somewhere and the tracking never updated. the order showed up a week after the first thankfully. i also didn't hesitate to order the 2 Park records from them, and i'm glad they made the effort no one else would to get those pressed.

it's just mainly a selection issue, IVWT has tons of variety and that's why i always liked to order from VC back when they were functioning. plus in some cases, buying direct from the label was way more than ordering from IVWT for some reason.

Yeah I concur.

Mainly CURIOUS BUT....

I wish someone or some people (maybe 3 of the level headed people on here who have been around a while who did not own a store nor have any stake or interest invested in something vinyl related) would start a new clean looking board. Not sure if it takes money but people would donate. One with more moderation (than now), no forum for the co-op, etc.

I mean I have posted on the MLG forums, head-fi, expressobeans, and really that is about it but all are really nice, clean, managed, etc. Those are a lot bigger but idk. Not really familiar about forums in general or what all it takes for them. I would think there would be enough support for one.

If I get banned for suggesting this idea, I love you all.