Breaking Bad Season 5

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, but I think there was enough substance to the first half that they could have called it a season. Especially with Hank finding out as a cliffhanger ending.

If you went by the unified theme definition solo, are we still in season 1 of how I met your mother?

But I really don't care what they call it. Just glad it's back.

Spent my day off in bed and rewatched season 5A yesterday... Totally forgot how

Walt tells Skyler he's "out" right before the scene where Hank finds the WW book and catches on to him. In perfect Breaking Bad fashion.. He ties up all loose ends but will get sucked right back in.

Anybody read about the opening scene to 5B they screened at comic-con? I kind of hope they pull a Dexter and just skip ahead a few months to Walt on the lamb..either way whatever goes down will be epic!

Opening scene that was shown at SDCC synopsis under spoiler...gets me stoked for Sunday!

The show starts with close-ups on a few kids skateboarding. It’s all in extreme close-ups and then it pulls back. They’re in Walt’s pool. Pull back again and we see the entire White residence completely boarded up and surrounded by a fence with “Warning” signs on it. Something very, very bad happened here. It’s been condemned.

A familiar car pulls up and out steps Walter White, in a full beard just like the mysterious first scene of last season. He gets out of the car, goes into the trunk and pulls out a tire-iron. But we see a massive M-16 in there too. He uses the iron to squeeze through the fence and then pry open his door.

Now Walt’s inside his old house and it’s barren. Desolate. Nothing on the floor or walls except some debris. With one exception. The word “Heisenberg” is painted across one of the walls in huge block letters. Walt looks at it quietly, then hears the skateboarding. He peers through some blinds and surveys the kids. Then, he slowly walks up the hallway and the camera gives us glimpses of some of Walt’s hiding places: Under the floor, in the vent. Finally he walks into the bedroom, takes out a quarter and looses up an electrical socket. The socket where he hid the ricin.

He takes out the ricin and walks back to the car. There, his neighbor spots him . She has a bag of groceries but is frozen. She’s petrified to see Walt standing there, in the flesh. Why? We don’t know. But Walt says, “Hi Carol.” And she drops the bag of groceries in shock. Then the familiar music and title. Breaking Bad.

Opening scene that was shown at SDCC synopsis under spoiler...gets me stoked for Sunday!

The show starts with close-ups on a few kids skateboarding. It’s all in extreme close-ups and then it pulls back. They’re in Walt’s pool. Pull back again and we see the entire White residence completely boarded up and surrounded by a fence with “Warning” signs on it. Something very, very bad happened here. It’s been condemned.

A familiar car pulls up and out steps Walter White, in a full beard just like the mysterious first scene of last season. He gets out of the car, goes into the trunk and pulls out a tire-iron. But we see a massive M-16 in there too. He uses the iron to squeeze through the fence and then pry open his door.

Now Walt’s inside his old house and it’s barren. Desolate. Nothing on the floor or walls except some debris. With one exception. The word “Heisenberg” is painted across one of the walls in huge block letters. Walt looks at it quietly, then hears the skateboarding. He peers through some blinds and surveys the kids. Then, he slowly walks up the hallway and the camera gives us glimpses of some of Walt’s hiding places: Under the floor, in the vent. Finally he walks into the bedroom, takes out a quarter and looses up an electrical socket. The socket where he hid the ricin.

He takes out the ricin and walks back to the car. There, his neighbor spots him . She has a bag of groceries but is frozen. She’s petrified to see Walt standing there, in the flesh. Why? We don’t know. But Walt says, “Hi Carol.” And she drops the bag of groceries in shock. Then the familiar music and title. Breaking Bad.

Holy moly that sounds incredible.  I loved the way they introduced us to Season 5A by showing that "flash forward" (thanks, LOST) and it sounds like they're going to continue with that style.  Why can't other shows be as cool as this one?