Gaslight Anthem "45 RPM Club" fan club membership (w/bonus 7-inch annually)

can you two butthurt Rudolph's go bitch in a private message?

Hey man, you can't expect everybody to be psyched that so far, they've paid $25 for the privilege to buy a couple expensive posters. I don't care how much you like that shitty tshirt or buying frames from Michaels, this thing is a flop until the band works it out and delivers.

I could see why some people would be aggravated. NYC shows sell out instantly so pre-sale tickets definitely help. The Live On Letterman tickets were amazing, even if security was over the top. Subscribers also got 4 tickets. Top that with a shirt an a potential 7" and it wasn't so bad in the NYC area.

If you live anywhere else it wasn't the greatest of deals.

Yeah, you are right. NPR stream started 7/10. It was really close. I had the order wrong in my head, though.

Biloxi, Here Comes Your Man, and 45 were all available before the Fan Club (I believe. I won't say definitely again).

The NPR stream started on 7/16. I went to the St Louis show on 7/13 and it hadn't leaked then. I'm still shocked that they were able to keep things under wraps until a week before the release.

45 and the live versions of Biloxi were out well in advance. Here Comes My Man (and the You Got Lucky cover) was inadvertently streaming on their website on 6/22 and then removed within 24 hours. It was played live a few times after that before the stream was available.

I could see why some people would be aggravated. NYC shows sell out instantly so pre-sale tickets definitely help. The Live On Letterman tickets were amazing, even if security was over the top. Subscribers also got 4 tickets. Top that with a shirt an a potential 7" and it wasn't so bad in the NYC area.

If you live anywhere else it wasn't the greatest of deals.

i don't live in NY and it's still not a bad deal. People need patience. You'll get your 7". Still don't like the club? Sell the 7" for $25 and unsubscribe. 

-fin

I'm sorry that brian fallon didn't mail a hand-signed pube or an OG black copy of SOS to everybody who joined the day you clicked 'submit' on the signup, but sometimes in life, things take time. 

Yep, the shirt sucked. Yep, the poster cost than normal. Yes, they're still figuring stuff out. 

Also, people keep thinking this is a way Gaslight is trying to cut you a deal? 

"Hey, pay us $25 and we'll give you $250 in free stuff and play your town 6 times a year!"

I'm also probably wrong about this, but I think the 7" said it was 'an annual fanclub only 7inch,' which would mean they haven't missed their mark yet. 

Hey man, you can't expect everybody to be psyched that so far, they've paid $25 for the privilege to buy a couple expensive posters. I don't care how much you like that shitty tshirt or buying frames from Michaels, this thing is a flop until the band works it out and delivers.

lol exactly.  I joined for the 7".  I'll be pleased when I get it. Right now though the jury's out on whether it's an alright deal or not.  I can't see myself making it to their shows anymore (young kids and I don't want to be surrounded by 800 fifteen year old girls screaming "we sing with our heroes...") so I just joined for the record. It's a learning experience for them and Infinite i'm sure.  I'm glad they like PJ enough to copy their club but they're fully staffed with their own building and they don't even hit the mark all the time.

and my original post was in a laughing tone.  i really did forget that i joined this club.

I'm sorry that brian fallon didn't mail a hand-signed pube or an OG black copy of SOS to everybody who joined the day you clicked 'submit' on the signup, but sometimes in life, things take time.

Yep, the shirt sucked. Yep, the poster cost than normal. Yes, they're still figuring stuff out.

Also, people keep thinking this is a way Gaslight is trying to cut you a deal?

"Hey, pay us $25 and we'll give you $250 in free stuff and play your town 6 times a year!"

I'm also probably wrong about this, but I think the 7" said it was 'an annual fanclub only 7inch,' which would mean they haven't missed their mark yet.

you sir are quite the extreme and irrational type

I was just going to say, the small handful of fifteen year olds that I see at TGA shows have NO idea what song Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts is.

You guys listen to shitty music if 15 year old girls are at the same show as you. -Flood (paraphrased)

I still don't get the fucking emails...

I can't be positive it's the same problem as me but they use the company "constant contact" which emails really hate and call spam. They weren't sent to my "spam" folder, they were sent to my "quarantine" folder, which is totally different and I didn't even know existed. I had to go to a completely different email web site, add them to my "unquarantine list", and then I started getting them.

Are you using a school or work email by chance? Or yahoo/gmail/hotmail type server?