Gaslight Anthem "45 RPM Club" fan club membership (w/bonus 7-inch annually)

I'm just as bummed about this as you guys, but try to put this into their perspective... they placed the order with a plant that was probably closed for 6+ months while they were rebuilding after Sandy. This obviously backed up the plants current orders (back when the hurricane happened) for the full 6+ months, PLUS all of the future orders they had already accepted (like this record) and were planning on pressing in the upcoming months. This was probably a big order which is a LOT of money for a plant to suddenly lose, especially when they probably already lost the majority of the other orders placed during that timeframe. I'm also sure the majority of the money TGA gave them for this release was already spent to rebuild.

Again, I don't know the bands relationship with the plant in question, this is all purely speculation on my part, but I would assume they've worked with them before, and they're doing them a solid in helping them get back on their feet. Could it be handled better/communicated more efficiently? Absolutely. But like somebody quoted in an email - at the end of the day it's a piece of vinyl. If the plant is hanging on by a thread and Gasilght keeping their order with them is doing a part in helping save jobs/save the plant, I'm all for it. Everybody always talks about 'the community' on here - this is a perfect example of a band backing up the vinyl community.

Short version: I give the band credit for sticking with the contract they signed with the plant.

I'm just as bummed about this as you guys, but try to put this into their perspective... they placed the order with a plant that was probably closed for 6+ months while they were rebuilding after Sandy. This obviously backed up the plants current orders (back when the hurricane happened) for the full 6+ months, PLUS all of the future orders they had already accepted (like this record) and were planning on pressing in the upcoming months. This was probably a big order which is a LOT of money for a plant to suddenly lose, especially when they probably already lost the majority of the other orders placed during that timeframe. I'm also sure the majority of the money TGA gave them for this release was already spent to rebuild.

Again, I don't know the bands relationship with the plant in question, this is all purely speculation on my part, but I would assume they've worked with them before, and they're doing them a solid in helping them get back on their feet. Could it be handled better/communicated more efficiently? Absolutely. But like somebody quoted in an email - at the end of the day it's a piece of vinyl. If the plant is hanging on by a thread and Gasilght keeping their order with them is doing a part in helping save jobs/save the plant, I'm all for it. Everybody always talks about 'the community' on here - this is a perfect example of a band backing up the vinyl community.

Short version: I give the band credit for sticking with the contract they signed with the plant.

If this is actually the case I agree. The thing that seems to be causing the most problems is whoever is in charge of running this fan club can't seem to take a few minutes to type out a thoughtful update and send it to everyone.

willing to bet that once these 7"s come, if they ever do, they will be the cheapest shit possible. black vinyl with plain white labels with the band's name and side A/B printed on it in times new roman or some other generic font, inside a fold over sleeve made out of thin cheap white paper with the cover art being the logo that is on the shirts

i understand that, but like the others below you have said, just communicate that with everyone.  last time you sent them an email at the beginning of march, they made it seem like they were close to being out and on their way. 

"Just waiting for them to arrive. Should be any time, they will go out right away!"

over 3 months later, i think an update is more than fair.

i understand that, but like the others below you have said, just communicate that with everyone.  last time you sent them an email at the beginning of march, they made it seem like they were close to being out and on their way. 

"Just waiting for them to arrive. Should be any time, they will go out right away!"

over 3 months later, i think an update is more than fair.

I absolutely agree. An email goes a long way.

i was just browsing dime store saints and saw this,

> Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:51:28 -0400
> Subject: Re: 45 RPM Club
> From: [email protected]
> To: Me 

> we should have them in the next couple of weeks. there was a delay in the
> pressing due to hurricane sandy.

> they will ship as soon as we get them

someone also raised a good question, how much will it cost to re-up.  considering we already have the t-shirt, stickers, and card, shouldn't it be a lot cheaper?  How does the PJ club work as far as re-ups?

One would think they'd be insured...

Good point but you never know. A lot of places around here don't have flood insurance - my policy (which isn't a business one obviously) doesn't cover flooding unless you pay extra, which I only learned after the hurricane.

from personal experience i can say even if the plant was properly insured they still might not have the money for a multitude of reasons. and like Mike said they would have to have extra insurance to cover flooding. they might have the business equivalent to home owner's insurance, but you need to have an extra policy that is specifically flood insurance. lots of people in the NJ/NY area did not have flood insurance and were not required to have flood insurance even if they lived right on the water.

even this long after Sandy hit i know people and businesses who still don't have their insurance money. whether or not they have a mortage or own their house free and clear. getting your insurance money has been a dog and pony show of epic proportions. there are so many hoops to jump through that are all intertwined.

This the email I sent them, they haven't gotten back to me yet.

"When are club members suppose to get the club 7 inch? I keep hearing that Sandy has slowed the process of this however, your lack of communication about it is absurd! Every time someone looks for an answer we get "the hurricane damaged our plant/warehouse. I understand that but an email to the club should be fairly simple. You seem to get enough emails out about autographed posters. How about an update on what 95% of the people who signed up for the club, signed up for......"