Gaslight Anthem "45 RPM Club" fan club membership (w/bonus 7-inch annually)

ral, on 26 Mar 2013 - 11:04, said:

El Jefe designed the shirt(and the club logo). The shirt is definitely not great. I feel like it needed the logo or the 45 adapter but not both.

dang, well, very weak design el jefe.

how awesome is this el jefe print, for fans of P&R

http://eljefedesign.bigcartel.com/product/the-swanson-real-man-meal

i want this (the bacon wrapped turkey leg that is)

i grilled a bacon wrapped chicken breast last week when it was warm outside and it was delicious.

So I decided I'm going to be in Asbury for Memorial Day weekend... got tickets for the Sunday show. If for some reason anyone has extras or wants to get rid of their Saturday passes, let me know. I'll buy em or trade for em. Looking for multiples.

So i'm trying to make it to this saturday show as well, so any tickets would be MUCH appreciated. 

also, anyone in the area also go to the Race OF Gentlemen on Saturday, as the qualifiers are right in Asbury Park. You'll never see a cooler race!

I have such a low number in this "fanclub" but that's the only reason for staying a member.  But then again I don't think membership # will ever matter with their ticketing.  They copied Pearl Jam's club right down to every detail but one is an arena band playing to 20k and the other plays to 2k if they're lucky.  Some stuff just won't matter. 

I don't know. I'd say thy pulled more than 2k in Detroit and we don't have nearly as many people as some other areas.

I'd categorize them right now as somewhere in between -- definitely not on an arena level but able to sell out (or at least come close) to selling out the biggest clubs in most cities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i emailed them earlier in the week about this and was told the "the plant was damaged by hurricane sandy" excuse. at this point i wonder if there is still any validity to that excuse/reason. any label people know if all the plants in brooklyn are up and running or are there still some that are still in the process of rebuilding.

No offense to the plants that are rebuilding and probably need the money, but Holy shit, would anyone besides me utilize another plant because you've already kept people from getting their shit long enough?

I mean, what sense does it make that the people who have given you money (and continue to give you money via preorders that don't apply to a good portion of members of the club) are still waiting for a simple two song 7" record?

No offense to the plants that are rebuilding and probably need the money, but Holy shit, would anyone besides me utilize another plant because you've already kept people from getting their shit long enough?

I mean, what sense does it make that the people who have given you money (and continue to give you money via preorders that don't apply to a good portion of members of the club) are still waiting for a simple two song 7" record?

i pointed this exact thing out in my email correspondence with them after they responded with the plant is damaged and was told this, copied and pasted from their response: "Nice support from a fan! Your idea is to abandon everything you support. For a piece of vinyl"

so they clearly don't give a shit about getting this 7" out in a timely manner if at all. if and when it gets done it gets done.

But why care about a 7" when we can get like a gillion overpriced and autographed prints???

But seriously, I completely forgot about this. I pretty much gave up on it ever showing up. Definitely not renewing my membership come July. In MY opinion this whole thing has been a complete waste of 25$.

PS: Does anybody wear the shirt? I never wear mine, and I'm not even sure where it is...