Death Waltz Recording Co. Vinyl Soundtrack Label for Cult Film Enthusiasts

The sales of both releases have been pretty steady all day. I definitely don't expect these to last as long as their previous releases (deluxe editions).

60 Godzilla and 41 City left in the UK. Don't know about LITA stock, but they are going much faster than usual (unless DW hold some back for later sale - I have no evidence that they do).

60 Godzilla and 41 City left in the UK. Don't know about LITA stock, but they are going much faster than usual (unless DW hold some back for later sale - I have no evidence that they do).

I've never seen them do that, but I agree the Godzilla is going much faster than I expected considering us yanks don't have a stateside allotment. By then again it's Godzilla.

Whoa, when did DW start selling AMS releases?

When they launched their new site last week I believe.

Anyone else who ordered City of the Living Dead from LITA not get an email confirmation of the order?  It's showing up in my account history so I'm not too worried.

I also ordered the Godzilla from DWRC, paid with paypal, and had it shipped to a Canadian address.  Here's hoping there are no issues with that ::fingers crossed::

When they launched their new site last week I believe.

Anyone else who ordered City of the Living Dead from LITA not get an email confirmation of the order?  It's showing up in my account history so I'm not too worried.

I also ordered the Godzilla from DWRC, paid with paypal, and had it shipped to a Canadian address.  Here's hoping there are no issues with that ::fingers crossed::

Thanks :D  Also, I can't attest specifically to COTLD orders but recently when I pre-ordered Hardware OS I didn't get a confirming email nor a shipping email, and the order didn't show as shipped on the site (even though it had). So if your order shows in your account you should be good to go. And eventually when COTLD ships for you it probably won't reflect it in your account as shipped.  I had to email a girl who told me accounts dont reflect when somethings shipped & she gave me a trk #. Kind of a weird way to run things but their packaging is excellent, I've never had a remotely damaged product & they do ship promptly.

Thanks :D  Also, I can't attest specifically to COTLD orders but recently when I pre-ordered Hardware OS I didn't get a confirming email nor a shipping email, and the order didn't show as shipped on the site (even though it had). So if your order shows in your account you should be good to go. And eventually when COTLD ships for you it probably won't reflect it in your account as shipped.  I had to email a girl who told me accounts dont reflect when somethings shipped & she gave me a trk #. Kind of a weird way to run things but their packaging is excellent, I've never had a remotely damaged product & they do ship promptly.

Good to know FM.  And yeah, LITA is hands down the best at packaging and prompt shipping once they have the items in-stock, at least in my experience.

3hhs_jag253full2.jpg

Beyond the Black rainbow now on sale

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

JAGJAGUWAR & Death Waltz Recording Company are proud and excited to release a true masterpiece into the world with the soundtrack to Panos Cosmatos’ BEYOND THE BLACK RAINBOW. Posited as a “lost film” of the 1980s, the film is inspired by classic dystopian fiction and the obscure SF movies you used to see on the shelves of the local video store when you were a kid. As such, the brilliant soundtrack by Sinoia Caves – aka composer Jeremy Schmidt – blends seamlessly amongst its influences of Tangerine Dream, Wendy Carlos, and of course John Carpenter, with the latter’s mark heard on the oppressive synth percussion of the main titles and the catchy melodies heard throughout.

Schmidt’s score is many things – haunting, uncompromising, intense – but is always a fascinating listen. While the seemingly retro-modernist sound is almost its own genre now, the music doesn’t come across as an imitation, and instead stands on its own as a genuinely original work. Using familiar elements such as the mellotron and the processed vocal samples, Schmidt puts it in that 70s-80s aesthetic and then builds a beautiful and terrifying score with those tools. Simply put, BEYOND THE BLACK RAINBOW is an astounding piece of work and must not be missed. Do you read me?

The Death Waltz Recording Company version is exclusive to Europe & housed inside a super glossy Stoughton tip on (Casebound) sleeve complete with an Obi strip and comes on smoked clear and red vinyl with sleevenotes From Jeremy Schmidt.

UK/EU - http://deathwaltzrecordingcompany.com/shop/beyond-black-rainbow/

US - http://www.scdistribution.com/sinoiacaves/