Death Waltz Recording Co. Vinyl Soundtrack Label for Cult Film Enthusiasts

1954 Godzilla stream/release.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41115

Blue and white "atomic breath" vinyl /400 and standard is green vinyl and says preorder is soon.

Sucks that they can't sale to the US cause of licensing restrictions. Though it might be hard for anyone trying to get the atomic breath with only 400 pressed, then again it being a random time should make it easier.

Normanrecords put up the green one for pre-order, so I'm happy I can at least get it somehow...

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/147730-akira-ifukube-godzilla-the-japanese-original-60th

...huge US based Godzilla fan here.  if anyone can help with an Atomic Breath version come release time, i will gladly pay and make it worth your effort.  thanks so much in advance!

Would love to find a UK buddy as well.

It's likely they will restrict the number you can buy, but I will most likely be up for helping out on this one.

I've never tried ordering direct from Death Waltz before - do they prohibit all sales to US customers or just for particular releases with licensing restrictions?

this is the first time ive known where US customers couldnt purchase a release through them. I've ordered a few things from them in the past. I think its exclusive to this one. which bums me out a bit.

I've never tried ordering direct from Death Waltz before - do they prohibit all sales to US customers or just for particular releases with licensing restrictions?

You sometimes need to license the music from somewhere else to be able to sell a record outside of your base country. It was the same with the Mondo Ghibli release. I didn't know about this board back then, and the lengths I had to go to get hold of that record in the UK were insane - to the extent that I still get nervous every time Mondo announce a new record.

The 2012 Maniac score was the same way. DWRC could only sell it in the UK/EU (minus FR AND BE) and Mondo only in NA. The green version will be available from a handful UK stores online and they will ship it overseas. The Atomic Breath variant is only being sold through DWRC and since they are also the rights holders, it prohibits them from selling overseas. That's also why LITA won't have any copies of this release. However, there is a good chance the (solid? clear?) green will be a superior sounding release since the swirls and splatters usually sacrifice a bit of sound quality to get the effect. Not everyone's main concern, but well worth mentioning.

The 2012 Maniac score was the same way. DWRC could only sell it in the UK/EU (minus FR AND BE) and Mondo only in NA. The green version will be available from a handful UK stores online and they will ship it overseas. The Atomic Breath variant is only being sold through DWRC and since they are also the rights holders, it prohibits them from selling overseas. That's also why LITA won't have any copies of this release. However, there is a good chance the (solid? clear?) green will be a superior sounding release since the swirls and splatters usually sacrifice a bit of sound quality to get the effect. Not everyone's main concern, but well worth mentioning.

Also Maniac eventually got a US pressing from DW, so you never know maybe down the line they might do a one-off Godzilla press.

Also Maniac eventually got a US pressing from DW, so you never know maybe down the line they might do a one-off Godzilla press.

That is accurate, but that occurred because DWRC and Mondo are buddies and Mondo, to date, never do represses so they allowed DWRC to release some over here to sate demand. With the Godzilla release, the reason DWRC cannot sell Stateside is that they didn't buy the US vinyl distribution rights because Toho wanted a king's ransom for them. Apparently no one else wants to pay that much either since those rights are still for sale.

I don't care about the color of the vinyl I'm getting but I just realized after ordering the green version that the limited one comes in a nice gatefold sleeve with a booklet with pictures and liner notes and the green version just comes in a plain single sleeve with a poster. That's pretty lame. 

Normally I'd just be like 'whatever' but I'm a huge Godzilla fan and would be really grateful if anyone in the UK could help me get a copy of the limited version.

I don't care about the color of the vinyl I'm getting but I just realized after ordering the green version that the limited one comes in a nice gatefold sleeve with a booklet with pictures and liner notes and the green version just comes in a plain single sleeve with a poster. That's pretty lame. 

Normally I'd just be like 'whatever' but I'm a huge Godzilla fan and would be really grateful if anyone in the UK could help me get a copy of the limited version.

That is incredibly disappointing to hear if true.

Also slightly bummed that I found out about this release when they included it in their ad in the latest LITA 'zine.