Death Waltz Recording Co. Vinyl Soundtrack Label for Cult Film Enthusiasts

It's a great soundtrack, never officially released before.  If you look around there is a leaked version that I suspect someone took way too much time to extract from the movie itself.

It looks like the official release will only be a selection of the soundtrack, which would be disappointing, though I'm sure they've lifted the most "complete" pieces.  Or they've just stitched together a lot of the shorter pieces into longer, more complete pieces, which would be awesome.

Just finished watching Beyond the Black Rainbow...god damn awfully boring shit movie that was. I can't believe I sat through the whole thing. Visually it's really cool, I like how it looks like a movie made in the 60s or 70s and the soundtrack was indeed pretty cool. But other than that, the movie was extremely shirty. Definitely would not recommend this movie to anyone

The director calls it a "trance film" and I think that's pretty on point. It's definitely more style than substance, which is a shame because the style is great and the story could have been, too, if it was fleshed out more. I couldn't make it through 20 minutes the first time I tried to watch, but when I went back to it knowing that it would be a real slow-moving, atmospheric affair, I enjoyed it much more. (Also probably didn't hurt that my second attempt was late at night and I was high as hell.)

The director calls it a "trance film" and I think that's pretty on point. It's definitely more style than substance, which is a shame because the style is great and the story could have been, too, if it was fleshed out more. I couldn't make it through 20 minutes the first time I tried to watch, but when I went back to it knowing that it would be a real slow-moving, atmospheric affair, I enjoyed it much more. (Also probably didn't hurt that my second attempt was late at night and I was high as hell.)

Haha I can see it being really good being high as hell, those visuals were awesome. I've seen some damn slow movies, it's not like I always expect explosions and action and shit, but god damn this was dull as fuck. There was no meat to it. No substance story wise. Like you said, the style was great but could've definitely used more in terms of story.

Wat. The movie was genius! I totally loved it. You guys need to see more movies if you can't get into something that has an unusual plot arc. There WAS plot, but the characters were static, The focus was on a slow build of tension, then a quick release at the end (I actually laughed out loud).

The sound editing was brilliant, and the cinematography was on point.

For those like me that missed out on some of the early Death Waltz stuff- this is from the DW forum linked off their site- might keep you from overpaying for some of these on ebay/discogs...

“Oddly enough I have just been working on some represses as most have been out of stock for a long time.

here are the ones we are working on at the moment

DW001

DW002

DW005

DW006

DW007

DW008

DW009

All will have gatefold sleeves and all new liner notes / booklets DW001 will be a newly remastered version (mastered at Abbey Road!)

should all be ready for the fall.

These will be on coloured vinyl.”

Such great news! Here are the titles, according to Discogs:

DW001 - Fabio Frizzi - "Zombi 2 / Zombie Flesh Eaters"
DW002 - John Carpenter & Alan Howarth - "Escape From New York"
DW005 - Giuliano Sorgini - "The Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue"
DW006 - John Carpenter & Alan Howarth - "Prince of Darkness"
DW007 - John Carpenter & Alan Howarth - "Halloween II"
DW008 - John Carpenter & Alan Howarth - "Halloween III: Season of the Witch"
DW009 - John Carpenter & Alan Howarth - "They Live"

For those like me that missed out on some of the early Death Waltz stuff- this is from the DW forum linked off their site- might keep you from overpaying for some of these on ebay/discogs...

“Oddly enough I have just been working on some represses as most have been out of stock for a long time.

here are the ones we are working on at the moment

DW001

DW002

DW005

DW006

DW007

DW008

DW009

All will have gatefold sleeves and all new liner notes / booklets DW001 will be a newly remastered version (mastered at Abbey Road!)

should all be ready for the fall.

These will be on coloured vinyl.”

Awesome news!