MAN ADVICE

take a deep breath. life sucks right now but you cannot let these feelings get in the way of your school stuff - taking care of YOU and your business is always #1. self-care is always #1. even if you just show up and sit there and learn by osmosis or something. getting further into the hole won't do you any good. it'll just make things more chaotic.

hang in there!

You have the best luck with chicks on here I swear. I'm happy for you, it's always a nice feeling meeting someone new.

With girls is really the only place that I have any luck. I was blessed with the ability to be both charming and funny, so it works out pretty well for me. The problem is I can't seem to find any desire to commit. My main problem is I tend to get stoked on a girl, sleep with her, and then get over it pretty quickly. Maybe that's what being single is supposed to be like I guess, but it kind of sucks when I get pretty into a girl.

I agree with sjb2k1. Try to keep as normal schedule as you can. Keeping a constant (school) in your life will help keep your mind occupied and should help you start to feel better. Getting behind will just make things worse. Don't add more stress if you can help it.

have to agree with all of this. i did the very same, skipping classes, moping, all of it... and all it did was make everything worse.

so I broke up with my girlfriend a month ago due to numerous problems. she begged me to get back together for a couple of weeks, and I told her that I could see us getting back together. but I was sort of set on moving on. I didn't. go figure, I want her back now. I told her this and she said "give me time" and she needs to "get her shit together"...

I'm a fucking moron for having feelings for her again, I know. But what do I do? I'm getting the feeling that she's moving on. I want to disappear pretty much. I can't eat or sleep and I skipped all my classes so far this week. Half the time I feel like I'm gonna be sick. What the fuck is wrong with me?

As you can tell by the rambling, I'm not thinking straight...I don't think I've ever been so down about something.

I need help

There's actually two theories on how you should deal with this from a psychology perspective but ill give you the one I subscribe to. It's called behavioral activation and the idea behind it is that if you start doing things again the mere action will help to cure the depression. This is exactly what everyone else has said, I just wanted to point out there is empirical research to back it up. Get back in your routine man, go out with your friends, it's gonna suck at first (trust me I've been there) but eventually you'll start feeling better.

so I broke up with my girlfriend a month ago due to numerous problems. she begged me to get back together for a couple of weeks, and I told her that I could see us getting back together. but I was sort of set on moving on. I didn't. go figure, I want her back now. I told her this and she said "give me time" and she needs to "get her shit together"...

I'm a fucking moron for having feelings for her again, I know. But what do I do? I'm getting the feeling that she's moving on. I want to disappear pretty much. I can't eat or sleep and I skipped all my classes so far this week. Half the time I feel like I'm gonna be sick. What the fuck is wrong with me?

As you can tell by the rambling, I'm not thinking straight...I don't think I've ever been so down about something.

I need help

-----------

She's telling you to give her time (and probably space), so I would start there. I wouldn't be too clingy or persistent with it, just throw it out there that you think the breakup was a mistake and want to give it another shot. I would just be honest about that situation and I'm sure if you guys are right for each other that she'll come around. Hard to say too much else without knowing what the "numerous problems" were that you guys had. Good luck my man!

my ex texted me on thursday, "happy thanksgiving... our first holiday apart".

i was flabbergasted, and nearly spit out my beer when my friend said, "what, about halloween bitch?"

since then, i've noticed her kind of vying for my attention. and i hate to dismiss it, but distance sucked 3 months ago, and it's not going to suck any less now. especially now that i have a job that's kind of grounded me here in western mass for the foreseeable future, so there's no chance i'll end up in indy any time soon.

and i still can't shake that girl kyle i was talking to. met up with her and a friend for drinks the other night, and a conversation we had kind of cleared up some suspicions... like when she initially cut me off, it was totally because of another guy. who was in town for a weekend. and now back to living in australia.

it's just annoying when she's constantly on fb and ig whining about not having a boyfriend lately. "hey bitch! i'm right here! and totally willing to ignore the countless red flags you've waived at me! because i'm a dope! but a dope who will tear that fine ass apart..."

Honestly man if I were you and had that many flags I'd say fuck it and move on. I've been in that situation before and chose to stick it out with the girl anyway and holy shit was that the wrong decision, wish I could get that year back.

have to agree with all of this. i did the very same, skipping classes, moping, all of it... and all it did was make everything worse.

Same. I know the sick feeling or the not eating feeling (lost 20 pounds when my ex and I broke up because I didnt feel like eating). But you need to just put yourself in situations where you force yourself to get over it (even though you dont want to).

Same. I know the sick feeling or the not eating feeling (lost 20 pounds when my ex and I broke up because I didnt feel like eating). But you need to just put yourself in situations where you force yourself to get over it (even though you dont want to).

I think this is the first time there's ever been a complete consensus in this thread haha

Ok, I need a gal's opinion (looking your way Madie), I've been hanging out with a girl that lives in a town about 40 minutes away, so I only get to see her maybe once or twice a week. So it's been about a month, at only one or two hangouts a week and all we've done is kiss a little bit. She told me she wants to take things slow, which I get, but this seems a little too slow. I stayed the night at her house last night because she fell asleep during a movie and she wanted me to cuddle her, which is rad. So, with that said, I haven't tried too hard to lay game on, because I'm trying to be a gentleman. So with that said, ladies opinion: is she trying to take it slow, should I man the fuck up, should I be scared of friend zone, or should I just be patient?

One month is the dryest spell I've had in a long long time and i don't much care for it.

Ok, I need a gal's opinion (looking your way Madie), I've been hanging out with a girl that lives in a town about 40 minutes away, so I only get to see her maybe once or twice a week. So it's been about a month, at only one or two hangouts a week and all we've done is kiss a little bit. She told me she wants to take things slow, which I get, but this seems a little too slow. I stayed the night at her house last night because she fell asleep during a movie and she wanted me to cuddle her, which is rad. So, with that said, I haven't tried too hard to lay game on, because I'm trying to be a gentleman. So with that said, ladies opinion: is she trying to take it slow, should I man the fuck up, should I be scared of friend zone, or should I just be patient?

One month is the dryest spell I've had in a long long time and i don't much care for it.

Friend zone. definitely not. she’s probably just one of those girls that requires the man to make all the first moves. Are you sure she just wanted to cuddle? I used the whole ‘wanna go take a nap’ thing for years. She invited you into her bed... pretty sure she wants to sleep with you... even if she doesn’t say so. I think it has to do with the whole double standard that women are sluts if they have a ton of sex and men are bad-asses if they sleep with a lot of women.

but... you said yourself you get bored with women shortly after you sleep with them. I guess it all depends on where you see this going with her and where you want it to go.