MAN ADVICE

@sjb2k1, too lazy to quote on my phone, and these posts are from yesterday so it's probably solved. but if you love this girl so much why bother smoking 2-3 times a year and risk it? A lot of my friends smoke a lot of weed and I don't like being around them when they're stoned. I realize you're not around her when you smoke, but still, it's such a tiny thing to give up to salvage a relationship that you seem to really care about.

it you smoked every day I would get it, but if it's actually only 2-3 times a year, why not just say fuck it. how badly do you really need to smoke twice a year?

would you rather be stoned twice a year, and be single without this girl, or sober for those two days and be with this girl you really like?

but on the firm other hand: she's not smoking daily. and she's not doing it around her girlfriend. this shouldn't have any effect on the relationship at all. but it does once the girlfriend takes a seemingly irrational stance against something that she decides to be upset about.

would you rather be stoned twice a year, and be single without this girl, or sober for those two days and be with this girl you really like?

Would the girlfriend rather overreact based on a past experience with a completely different person and be single without this girl, or try to accept the fact this is something she likes to do on a rare occassion with her family and be with the girl she really likes?

It can really go both ways.

Would the girlfriend rather overreact based on a past experience with a completely different person and be single without this girl, or try to accept the fact this is something she likes to do on a rare occassion with her family and be with the girl she really likes?

It can really go both ways.

I think in this situation it doesn't as easily go that way, even though it seems like such a petty thing to threaten a relationship over on the other girls part.  Personally, I would not give a single fuck if my significant other smoked 2 times a year.  However, when someone has had past experiences that have significantly effected their life it is hard to let go of, no matter how much someone says "oh just move on", or "this is a different person".  If her only problem is the weed thing, I would just not smoke it.  However, if that is just one example in a long list of ways she tries to control you, it's a bigger problem.  

@sjb2k1, too lazy to quote on my phone, and these posts are from yesterday so it's probably solved. but if you love this girl so much why bother smoking 2-3 times a year and risk it? A lot of my friends smoke a lot of weed and I don't like being around them when they're stoned. I realize you're not around her when you smoke, but still, it's such a tiny thing to give up to salvage a relationship that you seem to really care about.

it you smoked every day I would get it, but if it's actually only 2-3 times a year, why not just say fuck it. how badly do you really need to smoke twice a year?

if i really wanted to sit down and examine my behavior it goes far beyond superficial reasons for smoking, and far beyond anything that has to do with my relationship with my girlfriend. it's like being in a whole other universe when i'm with my family. i'm not sure how to explain it, but even though i love them to death, my anxiety goes through the roof. i have my own life here in NC set up under my own parameters in my own house in my own environment, and that's how i like it. being in control. up north i'm in the house i grew up in but it's no longer my home. and that's not even getting into anything past immediate family. at the holidays i'm surrounded by at minimum 30 people just for my dad's side of the family. christmas eve it's usually closer to 40 at my aunt's house. on the times i go up for labor day weekend, you've got nearly 50 fuckin people crammed into a cottage for the saturday night gathering. it's overwhelming, stifling, panic inducing, and i'm related to these freaking people. 

there's another part of it i don't really want to get into here, but tl;dr sometimes i have to hang out with people i really do not like in exchange for spending time with my brother outside of my parents' house. so anyway, nine times out of 10, it's a way for me to get out of my head until that shit is over. but now, i'm dreading even going up there next week. i'd rather just stay here at the house and chill out for four days than spend a total of 22 hours driving so i can be jammed in a house with 30+ blood relatives for a day and then sitting around doing nothing but not being in my own space the rest of the time.

edit: if my psychiatrist didn't charge $140/half hour for an office visit, i'd have her prescribe me some klonopin again just for the couple of days i'm gone, but i used to like that stuff wayyyyyy too much for my own good.

Makes me glad I don't have a big family that gets together for holidays. My quaint little family is all the crazy I can handle. 

Sucks you have to go and do something you don't want to do during the holidays which should be fun. Sending some love and happiness vibes your way. Good luck!

eventually, all you dinguses are going to learn that you have to either love somebody for EVERYTHING that makes that person who they are, or make it your life goal to learn to love ALL of them.  no matter how needy or valiant you're feeling, making personal sacrifices for someone else always creates resentment, and that resentment always finds its way out.  if weed wasn't a big deal, then this wouldn't have been an issue.  but it was, and it is, and no one wants to change (which is ok, dudes!), someone's just going to have to learn to love that part about the other, or not (but that has a sad ending :( ).

eventually, all you dinguses are going to learn that you have to either love somebody for EVERYTHING that makes that person who they are, or make it your life goal to learn to love ALL of them.  no matter how needy or valiant you're feeling, making personal sacrifices for someone else always creates resentment, and that resentment always finds its way out.  if weed wasn't a big deal, then this wouldn't have been an issue.  but it was, and it is, and no one wants to change (which is ok, dudes!), someone's just going to have to learn to love that part about the other, or not (but that has a sad ending :( ).

i like you. she and i are talking a lot of shit out at the moment.

It's official: Sax is my least favorite member of this community. Congratulations, ass.

Sorry to hear that. Just being myself thank you very much.

Sax, after you manipulate girls into sleeping with you, do you high five your bros and talk about how much of a whore she was?

Not really. But if one night we're sitting around drinking beers and telling stories about chicks we banged and how nuts they were in the sack, sure I've brought up some of the more crazy stuff that has happened. Most of my stories are tame compared to my buddies though, some of them date psychotic chicks that I usually want no part of. Chicks are crazy mang.

Sorry to hear that. Just being myself thank you very much.

Not really. But if one night we're sitting around drinking beers and telling stories about chicks we banged and how nuts they were in the sack, sure I've brought up some of the more crazy stuff that has happened. Most of my stories are tame compared to my buddies though, some of them date psychotic chicks that I usually want no part of. Chicks are crazy mang.

i mean your methods might work but you sound like a douche. sound less like a douche and people here would be receptive. most of us here are just timid record collectors who want to be all like get it get it girl but at the same time we want a decent woman who'll will spin records with us

Everytime I read a post by Saxonviolons, I just think of the biggest slimeball/jock kid back in High School.

I take it you haven't seen the condom thread? Every post is like that

been single for 3 weeks WOOOOOOO.

was in the mountains with some friends over the weekend staying in a condo and my friend was trying to get me to fuck this girl...she was down...i was drunk...she was drunk...i still wouldn't do it.

why am i like that?  i just feel bad for the girl in that situation and never want to do anything.  it just seems wrong to me.  like...i'll fuck if we're dating obviously, but 1 night stands just aren't my thing.  don't think i could ever do it unless i was incoherently drunk.

been single for 3 weeks WOOOOOOO.

was in the mountains with some friends over the weekend staying in a condo and my friend was trying to get me to fuck this girl...she was down...i was drunk...she was drunk...i still wouldn't do it.

why am i like that?  i just feel bad for the girl in that situation and never want to do anything.  it just seems wrong to me.  like...i'll fuck if we're dating obviously, but 1 night stands just aren't my thing.  don't think i could ever do it unless i was incoherently drunk.

Im kinda the same way. I remember I was at Irving Plaza one night and this woman I've never met before that night really wanted to fuck/suck me off in the bathroom and I just couldnt do it. Its just not my thing to have sex with a random. Especially when shes a little toasted. I feel like I need to have some sort of a chase or something.