MAN ADVICE

you know that date? it go moved to tomorrow because he is going out of town next week.

guys, what kind of outfits do you like a girl to wear on a first date? is there a cleavage rule? I don’t know, I don’t go on dates. help.

I don’t really know a ton about this guy. I know he has a website for his music but I can’t bring myself to be the person and look at it before I meet him.

you know that date? it go moved to tomorrow because he is going out of town next week.

guys, what kind of outfits do you like a girl to wear on a first date? is there a cleavage rule? I don’t know, I don’t go on dates. help.

I don’t really know a ton about this guy. I know he has a website for his music but I can’t bring myself to be the person and look at it before I meet him.

Give us the link and we'll listen for you. You know how VC is renowned for its musical taste. ;)

the two okcupid dates i went on recently featured questionable attire. the first girl showed up with a tank top with no bra. the second was sporting some crazy patterns and high top kicks. they both looked good, but i expect a girl to be a little more "put together" when getting dressed for a first date. not necessarily dolled up, especially if we're just grabbing drinks. but when i'm casually wearing a button down, cardigan, jeans, and a pair of clarks, i expect my companion to be at least slightly on the same level.

blouse, straight skirt, and heels (pumps no slingbacks). no cleavage required.

but most of all don't slouch. that's the first thing some men actually pay attention to. posture is a big thing.. well at least to some of us.

don't wear a ton of makeup and don't overcompensate with a perfume by smelling like a pine forest. 

if he's wearing bootcut pants and sandals, just leave. or if he brings his guitar. just leave.

first impressions are everything.

of course youll look back and laugh over something dumb, but for some reason, that first time you see him/her its like christmas morning.

or if done incorrectly it could be like a trip to hell on a bike with no seat.

i look at eyes then hair then lips as shes talking. meow

thanks guys. good looking out. I feel like I need to have a drink beforehand. I'm nervous! he seems smart as shit.

if you're really interested I guess you could google *nope* but just hold your criticisms until after I've met the guy haha.

Edited by Madie

thanks guys. good looking out. I feel like I need to have a drink beforehand. I'm nervous! he seems smart as shit.

if you're really interested I guess you could google brion riborn but just hold your criticisms until after I've met the guy haha.

From his bio: "Both thoughtful and reckless, his music has been described as a mix between John Mayer and Nirvana." Without having listened to a note of his music, I can assure you this shit is probably awful.

From his bio: "Both thoughtful and reckless, his music has been described as a mix between John Mayer and Nirvana." Without having listened to a note of his music, I can assure you this shit is probably awful.

he's no mix between fergie and jesus. i'll tell you that.

scott quit ruining it for me dammit

Not trying to ruin it for you, Madie! I'll just keep loudly groaning to myself as I continue to read his awful press material on his website. I'm legitimately afraid to listen to the music because I know it's gonna be so bad.

If there's one thing I know, it's rock musician stereotypes, and I can practically guarantee you this guy likes to talk about himself a lot. Wear comfortable shoes.

lol, I really did throw that poor guy to the wolves by telling you all who he was. He never had a chance.

skirt is a no because my legs are covered in bruises, don’t want him to get freaked out by that. if you follow me on instagram you saw how bad it was. i’m thinking jeans, a vneck and a jacket. black boots. semi-cleavage.

Not trying to ruin it for you, Madie! I'll just keep loudly groaning to myself as I continue to read his awful press material on his website. I'm legitimately afraid to listen to the music because I know it's gonna be so bad.

If there's one thing I know, it's rock musician stereotypes, and I can practically guarantee you this guy likes to talk about himself a lot. Wear comfortable shoes.

i can see it now.. talking over dinner and him saying "yeah, i opened up for matchbox 20 in toledo". :P only to find out it was an in-store. 

Is it wrong that his name annoys me.  People that take a normal name and just try and be cute with it make me crazy.  I know a couple Megans that are Meeeeeegans.  A Mike that is Myke.  I want to spell my name with a silent 7 and a picture of a daisy.

I did check out a song of his.  He's definitely not a hack, not something I'm into though.