Rise Records Signs Further Seems Forever .. New Album Penny Black PO Soon

I had the same reaction. I mostly thought the songs were pretty lame. It sounded more like a dashboard album than from FSF. Still, I hate judging by little snippets. Will still give the album a proper listen before judging, but I'm not going to be jumping on any preorders based on that teaser

This. Very dashboardy, but at least it's not Jon Bunch singing.

I really didn't want to listen to the teaser. TMID is one of my favorite records. Part of it's epic-status in my book is that there's only one album. This feels like they're trying to make something happen that should have happened ten years ago.

I listened to it. It feels right. It's not amazing, but it's got that classic FSF feel. While most of the players were the same, I think they sound like three different bands.

I've always said that if Chris had stayed with FSF, I think they would have been as big as DC.

Don't get me wrong...I remember seeing FSF w/ Chris more times that I can remember here...as well as Strongarm... ;) ...and always a fan of The Moon Is Down. But damn, these new songs...although their snippets, they are not getting me excited. They sound a'ight but not like "HOLY SHIT!!! THIS IS AMAZING NEW FSF!!!"

Maybe once we get the full tracks and album. I think...think...that when I saw them a few months ago...or was it last year?...when they did the small club tour here, they played a couple of new songs. Even then they sounded OK.

fixed it for you :P

Honestly I think all 3 FSF records are good on their own. I liked that it was a different singer on each record. I actually really liked the Jon Bunch iteration of FSF, but I'd say I equally enjoy all 3 albums. The previews of this album my immediate thought was this just sounds like the last few Dashboard albums. I know that this is going to happen since basically dashboard confessional become a full band, but based on these songs it doesn't sound much different. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I think people that were expecting The Moon is Down part 2 are going to be super disappointed.

just brought myself to listen to the trailer. am i the only one that is pretty unimpressed? the last song is pretty good, but the other ones sound like they coulda been on a bad dashboard record or something. but, i hate hearing songs out of context like this. i hope it's awesome.

This. "Rescue Trained" sounded the best. I will still buy though.

Honestly I think all 3 FSF records are good on their own.

I think this is a better way to say it. I guess I don't mind Bunch as much on Hide Nothing because it's "his album". Although, hearing the diss song that Gleason did makes me think that I would've liked that album more had he sung on it.

But when I hear Bunch singing the older songs, like on that live album, I get a little stabby.

I think this is a better way to say it. I guess I don't mind Bunch as much on Hide Nothing because it's "his album". Although, hearing the diss song that Gleason did makes me think that I would've liked that album more had he sung on it.

But when I hear Bunch singing the older songs, like on that live album, I get a little stabby.

I'd agree with that last part, the live Jon Bunch stuff singing older songs just sucked. But Hide Nothing I felt was a good album.

That live album is monumentally depressing. I've never heard a band sound so gassed as they do at that show.

What is the "diss" song?

They definitely all stand on their own. I just don't care for Gleason's vocals, and the mix felt overproduced on HTSAF. I really don't like Gleason's version of "There, Now I've Said It." Bunch's lyrics and vocals (as "Bleed") just seem a lot more fitting to me.

With such a strong vocalist influence on the sound of the music, I tend to think of them as 3 different bands.

I really don't like Gleason's version of "There, Now I've Said It." Bunch's lyrics and vocals (as "Bleed") just seem a lot more fitting to me.

This was the diss. Gleason recorded really generic, lazy lyrics to the track and sent it back to the band as a middle finger when he left. His version later came out as "There, Now I've Said It" on a T&N sampler, but the band re-recorded the vocals with Bunch and released it as "Bleed"

Ha. Never knew that's how it went down. On the "best of" that T&N put out, that was the first time I heard "There, Now I've Said It" and thought it sounded awesome. Also, that Bjork cover that Gleason did was good.

The sentiment that all albums stand on their own, I think, is probably how these are best viewed. That is, they're essentially three different bands.

And I've been a fan of DC until Shade of Poision or whatever that apple tree album is called. So I kept up with the full band "sound." These sound distinctly different from that.

man, this is disappointing. TMID is so good because it's so understated and raw. further seems forever is one of those bands that just sounds better with as little production as they can get by with. this sounds like chris got back together with another band to revive his career after dashboard, not a FSF record. wahhh booo whine wahhhh.

i'll probably still give it a fair shot. where's my snowbirds and townies?

• 2 weeks later...