$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

Read this entire thread to catch up on the buzz. Boys bicker like married couples.

I'm really considering this. Looks like the plus versions come standard with an Audio Technica AT95E cartridge in lieu of the Ortofon previously mentioned. That probably means more to you guys than it does to me.

I'm having issues. This is the first time I've used the bugle2 that I got through kick starter. Just set it up with the orbit and even when the turntable is unplugged I get a loud static/crackling sound. It's obviously coming from the bugle. Any ideas what's going on? There's no ground for the orbit if that helps.

Never mind. I don't know what it was but something in my entertainment area was causing crazy interference. I think it was because the bugle was near my wifi receiver.

The TT sounds great. I have nothing to compare it to but it sounds nice and clear. You can hear everything going on distinctly. I hate that the dust cover doesn't stay up. It's kind of annoying. Maybe they will fix that somehow.

I messaged Jim about the bugle2 and he said it shouldn't do that regardless of it being near other electronics. It's a malfunction that causes ESD (electrostatic discharge). He said to send it in but Ive waited a year for the orbit and the last thing I wanna do is wait more. :/ guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

Everyone is chipping in money for Christmas/my birthday so I can get the Orbit Plus. What speakers/preamp etc would everyone reccomend? I'm still not too familiar with the technical aspects of turntables and if different tables call for different set ups. I'm also a broke college kid with a part time job, so I don't have the highest price range.

Everyone is chipping in money for Christmas/my birthday so I can get the Orbit Plus. What speakers/preamp etc would everyone reccomend? I'm still not too familiar with the technical aspects of turntables and if different tables call for different set ups. I'm also a broke college kid with a part time job, so I don't have the highest price range.

Salvation army's, thrift shops, craigslist are all great options to get really nice, vintage receivers and speakers at low low prices. Preamps can be tricky but I love my Cambridge Audio Azur 551P. i got it on amazon for $120. Reading through the beginners to audio thread here a also very educational and informative

I figured out that my motor just was at an angle, and that's why it wasn't switching from 45 to 33 easily. Now it works perfectly.

I love this table. Everyone that doesn't have one should get one.

It came with the Om5e. What did yours come with? I think the om5e is the upgraded one? Any other suggestions for better cartridges?