absolutepunknews.nerg

I liked what Scott was twittering about last night that made me find out about this. not sure how I feel, I honestly havent been to punknews.org in probably 3 or 4 years, and i registered for AP.net once to hear a song, then started getting emails about how they "missed me", and havent been back since. wonder how many jobs this is going to create, if any, since it seems like they were always volunteer based outside of Tate and Aubin? right?

I liked what Scott was twittering about last night that made me find out about this. not sure how I feel, I honestly havent been to punknews.org in probably 3 or 4 years, and i registered for AP.net once to hear a song, then started getting emails about how they "missed me", and havent been back since. wonder how many jobs this is going to create, if any, since it seems like they were always volunteer based outside of Tate and Aubin? right?

drew gets paid now as senior editor for absolutepunk

nothing is going to dramatically change on either site.

From Punknews:

We're proud to announce today that Punknews.org has entered into an exclusive relationship with digital media publisher Buzz Media to form the AbsoluteVoices publishing group alongside AbsolutePunk.net, PropertyOfZack.com, UnderTheGunReview.net and AlterThePress.com. We'll be working together with these publications in the coming years to bring you a variety of exciting new media that we otherwise wouldn't have access to.

Does this mean you should worry about Punknews.org as you've known it? Nope. We all worked hard to craft a relationship which respects and encourages our independence. The Punknews team you've come to know and trust over the years maintain full editorial control. We're pretty stoked about the new content we'll be able to bring you with this new partnership and we think you'll be too.

I don't ready any of these sites so this is just a guess.

I doubt Buzz Media want's much editorial control. I'd wager Buzzmedia just wants to broaden their reach so they can better package and sell ad products and maybe user data. I've got to imagine that the sites that are not currently able to support the majority of their ad products will be getting a redesign. Which may include new or better features to promote growth.

For the time being it makes more sense to keep all the outlets active, it allows them to tout larger user-base and better leverage the sites individually for tailored promotions or content packages. If they stop preforming, they'll go away or become independent again.