Hidden camera Romney Speech

dreamover

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax. [M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

http://m.motherjones...vate-fundraiser

Seriously. Fuck this guy. These videos are nuts.

What's hilarious is that there are a huuuge number of poor people who will always vote Republican no matter what, because of perceived differences on gun control, abortion, the gays, the Mexicans, whatever. I guess you can chalk this quote up to "rallying the base" or whatever, but not only is he giving a "fuck you" to almost half the country for being poor, but a good chunk of those poor people are ready to vote for him anyway, even against their own interests. It's amazing.

the republicans want billions in tax cuts the democrats want better schools and affordable health care.

handouts?

You're in Chicago. Curious, do you support the strike? Do you think the Chicago teachers believe Dems believe in better schools?

The assault on American teachers across the political spectrum is the grossest trend I've seen in years. Emmanuel et al know the Teachers won't move Republican so they can look more centrist by bashing them. I'm so damn proud of the Chicago Teachers and the sacrifice they are making for everyone in the profession. The Dems overplayed their hand on education and deservedly have to answer to the base as to why they continue to take that vote for granted. My wife is a teacher as are several of my friends and they all entered the profession with the truest of intentions and stay in it because they don't want to abandon kids to politicians. Creating systems that don't involve Teacher and Administration Feed is stupid in a noble profession and I'm glad to see this conversation finally happening.

i do support the teachers. the way the media is portraying is absolutely scary though. the networks are running ads that say things like "the strike wasn't needed", "the teachers got a great deal". and i'd say 90% of ordinary people believe it. the anchors on the local news obviously believe it. The teachers don't have much of a voice. The only voice they have is the CTU president and she's an idiot. The other issue though, is the teachers are staying on strike for things like smaller classes, air conditioning, etc, and those aren't really strikeable issues.

it's a huge mess.

Being in the State of Chris Christie I can see NJ being in the same spot down the road. The Dems have taken the Teachers for granted and used them as a political-carrot at the end of the stick for undecided voters who approve of the tough stance against labor the Republicans have taken in the name of reform. Thankfully Romney has given America enough distractions to at least split the front page with this hot-potato.

It's interesting looking at the stuff with the teachers and thinking 'geez, parents really are NOT getting that these people aren't just fighting for themselves, they're fighting for yr kids as well!". Over the last week and a half, there have been times where I've seen traffic halted to a stand still as parades of strikers move by and canvas the city. Emanuel is an idiot - we ARE talking the same guy who at one point was trying to push through a new motion for making toll ways for cyclers (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-08-22/news/ct-met-kass-0822-20120822_1_city-bike-miles-of-bike-lanes-rahmfather).

An interesting set of thoughts on the matter via one of our city's best writers, Ben Joravsky, in last week's issue of The Reader: http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/mayor-emanuel-pushes-chicago-teachers-toward-strike/Content?oid=7412909

precisely this....and the man knows this, and knows which numbers look/sound better to his sheep-like heard of non-factcheckers

I have a slight problem with the use of fact checkers. Does anyone on this board actually check facts? Does anyone sift through raw data and run analysis on it to come up with their own figures? We all hear/see/read information for sources that are supposed to do this for us (not that they aren't just recycling other people's findings as well). Ordinary citizens don't have the time or resources to compile this information so we are at the mercy of the media to provide it to us.