HUM - You'd Prefer An Astronaut LP from SRC All Pressings Discussion

jhulud

Uh oh... someone's maxing the cart for availability...

A mortal sin here....

I hate when people do that but it only really makes a difference when it comes to much more limited items. 

I'm amazed at how many younger people here like Hum. I'm also surprised the green is selling quicker than the 180g.

Well, I only did it for a brief moment and then promptly returned my cart back to zero on both items. I'm sure no one was screwed out of a copy. They're selling fast but not fast enough for me to have prevented a transaction.

I think people are getting more and more into the whole vinyl color matching cover art thing. I was torn. I only bought the black because its black. The weight wasn't a selling point in fact I prefer middle to light weights on records. Makes them seem more classic like the good ol' days. So yeah, I was torn so I bought both. I actually think that a translucent green like the first press would have been cooler than the Pantone match of the cover but I'm sure this will look pretty damn swell.

Ordered both colors. As for the younger people getting into hum, I think it just has to do with these current popular bands being compared to them in album reviews and the bands themselves citing then as influences in interviews etc. I think it's awesome. I know Title Fight's "Floral Green" has been hugely successful, and the album rules, but kids who like the album and want to find similar sounding artists/records have a chance to stumble across some music they would have otherwise never listened to.

I'm also surprised the green is selling quicker than the 180g.

Personally, I've always preferred colors and especially in a situation like this, where the original is black only it makes the reissue make more sense. I don't have an original - even when it was new it always eluded me - but if/when I do find a copy, I'll then have a black AND green copy rather than two blacks, retroactively justifying the reissue purchase.

It makes sense in my head, anyways.

I imagine SRC will have no problem doing another run if these sell out in a day or two. Who wouldn't? I'm betting a great many of the ones sold today are going straight to eBay to be passed off as original presses.

As much as it sucks, yeah there will probably be a couple of these on ebay , but wasn't the original in a single jacket and not a gatefold like this? though, people on ebay can be pretty stupid anyways and will probably be duped unfortunately