HUM - You'd Prefer An Astronaut LP from SRC All Pressings Discussion

jhulud

Fucking A! 500 copies of a hum records sell through in less than a full day (not counting how many black copies have sold). That puts a smile on my face.

Not me. It only supports the inflated prices, and they'll just keep raising them. If they can sell out in a few days for stupid prices...they're technically justified in their actions :unsure:

Maybe it's just me but I don't think $21.99 was that bad for this - a few dollars more than your average new LP, sure, but given the archival work that (theoretically) went into it and limited run nature, I was expecting to pay a little more.

Friday Records post-'Head' Monkees reissues for $29.99+ A piece? That's nonsense. ($30 for fucking 'Pool It!'? Seriously? And I say that as a fan of the record.)

'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness'? That was price gouging.

This? Making sure you can recoup to bring more records down the line, and if a few extra bucks is going to help assure more releases, I'll go for it.

Yeah, I didn't think the price tag was bad on this at all compared to some reissues. It came out to like $24 shipped with the preorder shipping. Plus you could never buy an og for close to that. Super pumped to be able to spin this.

I never see how the original press price plays into the repress price. Who cares if it is more expensive on ebay? That doesn't mean you can overcharge for a new pressing.