Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Mybabyxsmokes has been driving me nuts. First off he had a split, and wanted $2 plus shipping. He would sell anything unless he got $10 minimum. So okay, I offer $10 for the one split since it is missing from my collection.

He comes back saying that it was sold, and I knew that Kevin! bought it. I contacted Kevin! to see if it would be alright if I could get the record. He agreed that was okay, and then it turned into a nightmare.

Mybabyxsmokes told me that he will not be selling it even though Kevin! said it is okay, and that I am making everything a pain in the ass. So from there I was just going to pay Kevin! for the record once it arrived to him. Good deal.

Then Mybabyxsmokes decided that he would refund Kevin! and refused to include it in Kevins package. At this point I was done with the transaction. Now he wants the original offer after putting me through all of this. Not going to happen. Watch out for this guy if you want any customer service at all.

Is there more to this story?

I bought a 7" off this dude and everything went perfectly and the customer service was great.

I handled everything appropriately. I asked if it would be alright to ask Kevin if I can have the split, and he agreed that would be okay after I had Kevin PM him. Then he went on with the remaining piece of my story.

Couldn't you work that out amongst kevin & yourself instead of crowbar-ing yourself into the middle of their transaction?

thanks everyone. this is pretty ridiculous. i knew even humoring this request would be a pain in the ass and i should have just said no flat out, but live and learn.

he assumed that since he was able to talk Kevin into relinquishing the single being sold to him that he now just had to cover the shipping since Kevin had already paid for it. I told him the only reason i agreed to break the deal with Kevin to sell to him was that HE OFFERED me $10 for it (the minimum for my sale, which is not uncommon right? who wants to spend $3 to ship a $2 single) Kevin bought several records which is why this single was $2 for him, buying one, would have to meet the minimum, pretty simple to understand i thought. 

also i need to state for the record that the last PM i got from this guy stated that he really wanted the single so he would pay the $10 since i went ahead and refunded Kevin for the single (that i had to unpack from an already packed box and repack for this dude, mind you (aka a PAIN IN THE ASS) I also apologized if i came across like a jerk and sent him a polite "hey do you still want this" PM... NO RESPONSE

so i dont know,  maybe watch out for uniquemel0dy 

• 2 weeks later...

I sold a couple of LP's and three 7"'s to a guy from Spain early last month (ebay ID: macomeco). Needless to say I was stoked because I could have really used the money at the time. He didn't pay on time so I opened a case against him and eventually he paid. I carefully packaged his records, along with a Spanish Bombs CD I threw in just cause'. A week or later I noticed PayPal takes this guys money out of my account into holding for suspicious currency. At this point I'm freaking out because I think the money is fraudulent. I called them and they released the money,  3 days later I get a dispute/claim opened against me via Paypal from this jerkoff macomeco telling me he hasn't received his items. His records surely have gotten there by now, he's back to take his money from me. I read his feedback, and sellers are pissed off because he doesn't ever pay them; etc. My boyfriend looks more into it and finds the following: http://forums.livewi...1,438469,438469 and his old ebay account: http://feedback.ebay...nc&myworld=true . So officially I know he's out for my money. Now this little weasel has had me on the phone since 9 pm eastern time, calling up paypal and ebay to find out what I can do with this. They are no fucking help, they took me in circles. Here's the deal; Paypal won't release my funds until I have proof that his items were shipped. This guy chose to get First Class International shipping on them, which if you know doesn't update past the U.S. I don't know how many times I mentioned this to them tonight but they still don't understand the concept. The USPS does jack shit about these issues, because 1. it's the USPS, 2. it's the fucking USPS, and 3. they toss around records like salad. But it's true they can't do anything about it because the buyer didn't choose priority shipping. I can't bother ebay with it because he opened the case via Paypal, and Paypal won't do anything without a shipping update. eBay did report the buyer, hopefully he fucking gets deleted so he can stop getting all these free records. I won't quit until this is done, but I am not sure what to do next! I had my shot of whiskey and I am ready for any responses by anyone who has ever dealt with a similar case. I also wrote this as a warning to any sellers out there, block this asshole. 

Thanks for reading.

And that's why if I go with ebay, I don't sell internationally unless they pony up the dough for registered shipping or if they have to, priority.

Here, I'm a little more trusting, but still, I ask for the money to be gifted 'cause I feel I've proven myself to be a responsible party.

spoiledliver

Do not buy from this clown. I paid for a record on December 20th, and did not receive it until early February. When I did it arrived in terrible condition due to being shipped in THE WORST RECORD MAILER I HAVE EVER SEEN. Two pieces of cardboard taped together around the record. No padding, nothing to stop the record from bouncing around against the tape that surrounded it on four sides. Now he doesn't respond to my messages, and his email which used to work now bounces my messages. What a class act.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/81766-taking-offers-on-some-awesome-records/

Guest tms2787

I bought a copy of Kevin Devine's "Brothers Blood" off of edgecorekid, I posted a WTB thread, he PMed me, we agreed upon an amount, I payed instantly, he said he'd send in a few days, a week later I asked him if he mailed it yet, he said "Just went out today!" and two weeks went by, still had nothing, he said if it didn't come by last Saturday he'd refund my money, I didn't get it, I sent him three PMs and got no reply. He had no tracking, nothing, no replies. So I opened a PayPal dispute and am awaiting them to close it.

I bought a copy of Kevin Devine's "Brothers Blood" off of edgecorekid, I posted a WTB thread, he PMed me, we agreed upon an amount, I payed instantly, he said he'd send in a few days, a week later I asked him if he mailed it yet, he said "Just went out today!" and two weeks went by, still had nothing, he said if it didn't come by last Saturday he'd refund my money, I didn't get it, I sent him three PMs and got no reply. He had no tracking, nothing, no replies. So I opened a PayPal dispute and am awaiting them to close it.

Suspected him to be kind of shady (but that's just my paranoia with rudolphs). Messaged him about the same record but something just didn't sit right with me.

He did lose his job apparently and had loads of records he's been selling, so hopefully it was just lost in the mix up. but if not, now we know.

I also purchased a mtb record from him and am having the very same issues! About to open a PayPal claim as well.

I also purchased a mtb record from him and am having the very same issues! About to open a PayPal claim as well.

I have also bought from him recently. Didn't hear from him for a few weeks. Didn't respond on deadformat but luckily I had him email me photos of the records so I hit him up there. He responded saying that he had shipped the records. Hopefully he has. If anybody wants his email hit me up.

So this one is fun. I blocked this guy hkot7907  on eBay after I got this message:

WHY IS YOUR SHIPPING SO HIGH?.....AND WHAT WOULD POSSESS YOU TO EVEN CONSIDER BUYING ANYTHING FROM SHITTY, FUCKTARD, LOSE VICTIM, BEARDO, BANDS LIKE CITY AND COLOR??????!!!!!!!??????!AND THE ILK?? THE HOTWATERMUSIC ALBUM IS THE ONLY THING I WANT. LOWER THE SHIPPING OR FORGET IT.. MAYBE YOUR PANTS ARE TOO TIGHT OR YOUR BEARD HAS TOO MUCH CLAM CHOWDER IN IT...EITHER WAY, LOWER YOUR SHIPPING.

- hkot7907

I responded:

Dear hkot7907,

Since you took the time to come out of the rock you live under I figure I'll share the news. The US Postal Service raised International Rates exponentially a couple of weeks ago. If you weren't so busy trolling along the interwebs you might have read about it or something. Judging by your grammar and use of caps I'm sure you have some reading comprehension. So, to resolve this in the easiest manner possible I've added you to my blocked bidders list. I have no interest in your money. Take this as whatever sort of lesson you like but I doubt it will do any good; there is no cure yet for the asshole-gene.

Randomly came across this guy on instagram and he just had posted a picture of a bunch of Circa vinyl he just purchased. I think he just wanted to scam everyone for money for them, not know that paypal claims exist. Hopefully you'll will get your money back and his bank account will be drained below zero. 

Guest tms2787

You should open a PayPal claim and get your money back. This asshole needs to have his account in the negative.

I have also bought from him recently. Didn't hear from him for a few weeks. Didn't respond on deadformat but luckily I had him email me photos of the records so I hit him up there. He responded saying that he had shipped the records. Hopefully he has. If anybody wants his email hit me up.

Any thing on your part? I am betting it's the same ordeal.

I posted something in one of his threads that he sucks at communication, nobody curred.

I didn't see it. He could have not say a word to me as long as my record came I would have been happy. Obviously communication is nice but it doesn't always happen.

Randomly came across this guy on instagram and he just had posted a picture of a bunch of Circa vinyl he just purchased. I think he just wanted to scam everyone for money for them, not know that paypal claims exist. Hopefully you'll will get your money back and his bank account will be drained below zero. 

What a moron. I will get my money back as he hasn't replied to my PayPal claim/dispute and the seller has so many days to do so and if not, the buyer automatically wins by default. I don't know how people think they are going to "scam" someone when they pay as a payment, his PayPal will be in the negative because I know he got the other people I quoted too. Do you by any chance remember his Instagram account? I am going to leave him a few nice comments. Also, not the place for this but anyone feel free to follow me on IG/Twitter (TMS2787, same as here) I need more record pictures/Tweets to mesh into with my shoe hobby.  :) lol

Ahh it sucks for all of you who got scammed from this guy. I bought TWY/All or Nothing split from him. It took him awhile to get it to me, but it did eventually get here. He also purchased a few records from me. Weird thing did happen though. The funds were held up on the last record he purchased. Paypal was investigating the transaction, stating that it might have been unauthorized from the actual persons account. When I hit him up about it, he said his brother, who also lives at the same address, has a negative standing with paypal. It did get resolved, but I thought that was a little weird.

Guest tms2787

looks like he changed his IG name...

I went to see if he replied or deleted my post this morning before work and i couldn't find his page, so I just got on from my computer and he did infact change and/or delete his name. And  sorry for getting an IG screenanme conversation going, haha. My bad.

Ahh it sucks for all of you who got scammed from this guy. I bought TWY/All or Nothing split from him. It took him awhile to get it to me, but it did eventually get here. He also purchased a few records from me. Weird thing did happen though. The funds were held up on the last record he purchased. Paypal was investigating the transaction, stating that it might have been unauthorized from the actual persons account. When I hit him up about it, he said his brother, who also lives at the same address, has a negative standing with paypal. It did get resolved, but I thought that was a little weird.

Yeah, that is weird. I went on his page and said "So this is what you get when you scam people out of records?" on his Circa Survivie "collection" post. Glad it worked out for you though!