PO: The Menzingers - On The Possible Past

Got this today, completely stoked to play it, put it on the table and my tonearm starts going crazy. Look at the record, warped to all holy hell. I swear at one spot the edge was trying to fold itself over. 1/4 inch fluctuations on the whole edge of the record. Not playable, never will be :/

I had the same problem. If I skipped to freedom bridge it played the beginning would not thought my counterweight or anti-skate was misadjusted but no way. Put a different album on and it was fine. It seems like they didn't use enough vinyl to fill the mold. It's got dimples on one side, which usually means voids from no fill.

Epitaph really needs to switch pressing plants or kick it up a notch in the QC department...

My blue copy of on the impossible past was screwed from the get go. It popped a lot and wasn't very clear. I never tried my black copy though. I know most records come from pirate press or rainbo records but I haven't had any issues with anything else.

My blue copy of on the impossible past was screwed from the get go. It popped a lot and wasn't very clear. I never tried my black copy though. I know most records come from pirate press or rainbo records but I haven't had any issues with anything else.

My blue copy of otip is perfect, no problems. Played that last night instead. I'm bummed about this green crap though. Going to see them tonight. I'm gonna see if I can talk to Greg and try to feel through the sleeves for one that isn't totally screwed.

My blue copy of otip is perfect, no problems. Played that last night instead. I'm bummed about this green crap though. Going to see them tonight. I'm gonna see if I can talk to Greg and try to feel through the sleeves for one that isn't totally screwed.

Greg is the best. I'd talk to him or Eric, they're some of the nicest dudes ever. They'll definitely help you out.

They didn't have them on their table so I didn't bother, I was more interested in having a reunion with all my friends and getting a decent spot. Although I did pick up two copies of the Three Man Cannon/Lee Corey Oswald 12". They sold them off as "test presses" hand numbered/50 with screened covers, irrelevant. Oh and Greg is cool haha. I'm from Lake Ariel, and for as long as I've known him he's never been anything but nice.

They didn't have them on their table so I didn't bother, I was more interested in having a reunion with all my friends and getting a decent spot. Although I did pick up two copies of the Three Man Cannon/Lee Corey Oswald 12". They sold them off as "test presses" hand numbered/50 with screened covers, irrelevant. Oh and Greg is cool haha. I'm from Lake Ariel, and for as long as I've known him he's never been anything but nice.

If you were looking to unload one of those copies of the split, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands!

My copy showed up on Saturday. I just got the chance to give it a spin, and my copy is unplayable as well. Won't track from the start of either side of the LP, and even if I drop the needle in a random spot of the record it skips around. I don't really think I want to try a replacement copy as I am sure it will likely be bad as well.

I had the same problem. If I skipped to freedom bridge it played the beginning would not thought my counterweight or anti-skate was misadjusted but no way. Put a different album on and it was fine. It seems like they didn't use enough vinyl to fill the mold. It's got dimples on one side, which usually means voids from no fill.

I'm having the same issue...really frustrating as I love this album and it made me think something was off with my turntable as well...

Cool, will place my order now.

Good luck.

I should also note that my copy is paper thin, even worse than those budget 1980's pressings that are paper thin. It would be interesting to see if the people who have copies that play fine are super thin or if they are perhaps more "normal".

Got mine and I can see the divets in the vinyl. It plays through, but doesn't sound all that great. I am torn between trying to get another copy and just taking it. Has anyone tried to return, get a refund, or contact the band? Great record that deserves to be properly pressed. Wonder if we will see more of these half-assed pressings now that vinyl is back on the rise.