Who was your first concert?

1st show

Blink 182, Green Day, Saves The Day, Simple Plan. Pop Disaster Tour Summer 2002. Still one of my favorite shows.

Same for me as far as non festival.

I went to warped in 2001 when I was 14 but got dragged out after 3 hours because my friend threw a water bottle at in the direction of The Youth Ahead. It was really just return fire; plastic bottle throwing galore that day.

The good news was a photographer gave us free tees and took our picture post-getting kicked out. Made their home page for a day. I thought I was so punk rawk with my blue hair.

b8OSd.jpg

Mine was They Might Be Giants at the Variety Playhouse in ATL, back in 2007. They were on tour for The Else, and I unknowingly bought an autographed copy after the show (somehow, I was the first person at the merch table, and I didn't notice the CD was already opened until I got in the car).

It was a great show. Didn't see another band live until I saw of Montreal in 2010.

Shit. I honestly remember my first concert. Had to be sometime in the early to mid nineties, and was probably local hardcore show with the occasional bigger name opener, like Earth Crisis or someone.

I remember bigger things like Deftones in '98 and Primus in '99 but that is way too late to be a first show.

Fun fact for you Cold Cave / American Nightmare fans, that guy Wes was in a band called (I think) Pipebomb before that, which could have very well been one of my first shows. I don't know him and don't claim to be friends, but thought someone might get a kick out of that.

EDIT: That "someone" might be me. I guess I get a kick out of it, doubtful anyone else gives two shits.

I vaguely remember seeing Stone Temple Pilots with my cousin when I was young. Then of course a ton of local battle of the bands crap and some random things at Six Flags with my parents (I think the Beach Boys?).

But all that aside, the first concert I ever purchased tickets for and went to on my own was The Bouncing Souls, Against Me!, Murphy's Law, Let It Burn and Lordz of Brookyn at Starland Ballroom in 2004.

Bowling For Soup Headlining with (I could be wrong... memory is a bit blurry) MC Lars, Quietdrive and Houston Calls opening...

God Damn that was an amazing show.

I miss Houston Calls. There album "A Collection Of Short Stories" is so awesome. I thought they should have gotten a lot more attention than they did.

first show was Weird Al in the early 90's with my mom, dad and bro. then I went and saw Culture in a pool hall in 1996 with Abnigation, saw a fight break out and someone get smashed in the head with a cue ball from a pool table. that was my introduction to the hardcore community, ha.

Holy shit, we need to form a club.

i went to my first two shows back to back in 1992... first was Stone Temple Pilots/Meat Puppets/Jawbox (was a fan of STP but i absolutely loved Too High to Die, and its still one of my favorite albums) and then the next night went to see Weird Al.

its all been downhill since then.

The amount of Weird Al in this thread is unreal. I'm not alone.

Technically mine would be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Coming Out Of Their Shells" Tour. After that it would be Bush, Goo Goo Dolls, and a newly rising band by the name of No Doubt when I was 12 or 13.

if that is the show where Donatello played a Keytar, then I need to change mine to that as well.