Who was your first concert?

The Eurythmics - 1983 (maybe it was early 1984) on the Sweet Dreams tour.

How's that for dating one's self?

so did your parents take you? my parents were old and only into big band stuff so they never took me anywhere and wouldn't allow my uncle to take me to concerts because 6-12 was too young. so many shows i missed because of it. though i did get awesome tour shirts from the concerts i missed. First concert shirt was a LOVEDRIVE tour shirt. it ruled.

I had that TMNT vhs tape and was super bummed i didnt get to go : /

I had the cassette tape that I believe I ordered from Columbia House.

Anyways...

Technically I guess the first live concert I saw was DC Talk at a Billy Graham speaking event. Thanks to my mom for that one.

But the first real concert I voluntarily went to was Finch/Brand New/Coheed and Cambria/The Starting Line at Grog Shop for those familiar with the Cleveland venue. For those that aren't, it's prob an under 200 person capacity venue. Pretty insane I saw those bands there (though I only went for Finch). But I distinctly remember Coheed playing and multiple people shouting "No more Geddy Lee!"

The day after that was Papa Roach at the Rock Hall. Still prob the worst concert I had ever been to.

so did your parents take you? my parents were old and only into big band stuff so they never took me anywhere and wouldn't allow my uncle to take me to concerts because 6-12 was too young. so many shows i missed because of it. though i did get awesome tour shirts from the concerts i missed. First concert shirt was a LOVEDRIVE tour shirt. it ruled.

I was 6 or 7 - my Dad did some legal work for Dave Stewart and the tix were a gift. He is a total square. One of funniest moments in my life was the day he found my Jesus Lizard tapes (not that they were hidden or anything). I had a thread about that concert and getting a signed 7" from Annie and Dave at the concert.

I'm gonna flip this whole thing around and say I took my parents to THEIR first all-standing-room show at a theater just recently. I kind of had to drag them but they eventually they were cool with it. We saw Maps & Atlases at The Jefferson in Charlottesville. Damn good show too.

First concert not at like a county fair type setting was seeing Yes on the Union tour at the Rosemont Horizon. That was the tour they had 2 drummers, 2 keyboardists, 3 guitar players and then Jon Anderson and Chris Squire.

prior to that I'd seeing like the Grass Roots, Tommy James and the Shondells, Eddie Money, maybe Kansas at said fairground shows.