Doghouse holiday sale

I took your advice and ordered this. Don't let me down man!

Damn accidentally ordered the Amber one. Why was that one $10?

I was wondering about that b/c they're all out of 500 as far as I know. The amber and white were available online when they first went up. The gray was only available during the band's tour but a bunch still ended up online afterwards.

So stoked to see so many of you grab that Chamberlain/Split Lip LP. Hit me with a PM after you've listened to it. I swear this LP and "For the Love of the Wounded" are among the most under rated 90's indie LPs out there.

Uniontown and the song Chamberlain hit back to back to end side 1 and start side 2 and it is a hell of a flip.

So stoked to see so many of you grab that Chamberlain/Split Lip LP. Hit me with a PM after you've listened to it. I swear this LP and "For the Love of the Wounded" are among the most under rated 90's indie LPs out there.

Uniontown and the song Chamberlain hit back to back to end side 1 and start side 2 and it is a hell of a flip.

You were bigger on the first record? I remember getting a tape of The Moon from my older neighbor when I was little and playing it until it wore out.

Mike<br /><br />Well, the Moon LP was a big change in sound. The progression from "For the Love..." to "Fate" to "Moon" is an interesting one and I don't have a band I can compare it to. I love all three LPs but I was into this band since the first LP and it holds a very special place in my heart. They were the first band to have a "Silence = Death" logo on their center label - at least that I experienced. That came out in 1993 when people were rallying in the streets outside the FDA to get AIDS therapies fast tracked through the approvals process. So as a kid I stared at that pink triangle and those words and learned what they meant. It was a radical realization that someone coming of age a few years later than me couldn't experience. So yeah, "For the Love..." is my favorite but all three are amazing and their progression defies expectations or comparison.

Mike<br /><br />Well, the Moon LP was a big change in sound. The progression from "For the Love..." to "Fate" to "Moon" is an interesting one and I don't have a band I can compare it to. I love all three LPs but I was into this band since the first LP and it holds a very special place in my heart. They were the first band to have a "Silence = Death" logo on their center label - at least that I experienced. That came out in 1993 when people were rallying in the streets outside the FDA to get AIDS therapies fast tracked through the approvals process. So as a kid I stared at that pink triangle and those words and learned what they meant. It was a radical realization that someone coming of age a few years later than me couldn't experience. So yeah, "For the Love..." is my favorite but all three are amazing and their progression defies expectations or comparison.

Yea, it defintely is/was a crazy progression. I guess why I prefer Moon to the rest is because that's what I heard first, then worked backwards. I was 4 in 1993 and definitely not worrying about AIDS hahah. I actually interned at Doghouse during college and gushed about Moon during the interview, only to learn that the guy I was interviewing with was Adam from the band. Obviously I had never seen them live so I had no idea, it was pretty awkward. But I got the job so it all worked out.

All this talk about Chamberlain/Split Lip makes me feel old. So here's my story then.

I caught wind of them when the Voice of the Voiceless comp was released. I picked it up initially just for the Endpoint tracks on it since I knew (and still do)  and went to high school with those guys. I loved every track on that comp and got hooked on Split Lip. I recall there being a contact address for them in the credits/liner notes and sent it like $2 for their demo tape. And then they put out the Soulkill 7" on Doghouse which at the time was putting out the Endpoint stuff and a few other Louisville bands. Got that and kept on being hooked. It all started there.

For The Love of the Wounded was such a painfully heavy and emotional record that it's just ridiculously good. The progression from there to Fate's Got A Driver was crazy and still great. Although I love both versions of the record, I much prefer the OG version while still called Split Lip before they remixed it and re-recorded the vocals.

Shiiiiit...all of their stuff is great. I celebrate their entire catalog.

You'll be happy - I promise. The first pressing is hard to come by. Juan, do you know the story? I was told they changed their name because as Split Lip people thought they were a harder sounding band. It didn't help that there was a terrible HC band called SPlit Lip putting out 7"s as well circa 1995.

You'll be happy - I promise. The first pressing is hard to come by. Juan, do you know the story? I was told they changed their name because as Split Lip people thought they were a harder sounding band. It didn't help that there was a terrible HC band called SPlit Lip putting out 7"s as well circa 1995.

This was the case, heard from the horse's mouth.