Recently Viewing

The Wrestler - still as good after the third time watching. 

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - still as good after the 15th time watching

Army of Darkness - still as good after the 40th time watching

Serenity - watching this made me all the more bummed that Shield was so bad. I know some say it got good but it's far down my list of things to revisit. 

(I've been doing a lot of indoor training on my bike which means killing boredom with movies. I've been mostly rewatching old favorites)

With summers now full of comic book movies and young adult novel adaptions, a monster movie reboot felt like a breath of fresh air. I enjoyed Godzilla, and though it didn't leave me blown away, it was extremely entertaining and fun to watch.

that's how i feel. it was absolutely worth seeing but it didn't blow me away.

just watched The Punk Singer.

while i've listened too and liked Bikini Kill, Le Tigre, and the Julie Ruin album, I never really understood just how important K Hanna is.

it also made me sad that I don't have any female children to use her wisdom on.

lastly, far fetched i guess.  Cobain might still be alive if he got with Hanna and not the she devil.

i'm going on a RIOT GIRL kick.

just watched The Punk Singer.

while i've listened too and liked Bikini Kill, Le Tigre, and the Julie Ruin album, I never really understood just how important K Hanna is.

it also made me sad that I don't have any female children to use her wisdom on.

lastly, far fetched i guess. Cobain might still be alive if he got with Hanna and not the she devil.

i'm going on a RIOT GIRL kick.

I started watching this and wasn't into it.

I think it's just hard to watch a musical documentary about someone who's music you aren't really familiar with (even if it is the same genre you are into and recognize the person is held in high regard in that community).

Watched Open Grave last night.  Anyone else seen this?  Fantastic low budget horror flick with a pretty original premise.  I highly recommend catching it.  Tonight the gal and I are gonna watch Cheap Thrills, which looks fucking incredible, and The Last Days of Mars.  Trying to catch up on all the horror flicks I miss throughout the semester.  

Watched Open Grave last night. Anyone else seen this? Fantastic low budget horror flick with a pretty original premise. I highly recommend catching it. Tonight the gal and I are gonna watch Cheap Thrills, which looks fucking incredible, and The Last Days of Mars. Trying to catch up on all the horror flicks I miss throughout the semester.

Completely forgot about Open Grave. I thought it looked awesome. Cheap Thrills is amazing and I have The Last Days Of Mars, but I keep forgetting about it so I haven't watched it yet, haha.

Hulk, Godzilla, and Superman will never have great movies (at least, this is my theory). Just so powerful that it's hard to do anything with them without going crazy on action scenes and special effects, which usually leads to movies people say "eh, it was entertaining but not great."

Yep, saw Godzilla last night, Meh....it was ok.....

Watched you're next over the weekend. Everyone raved about the movie but overall i thought it was a mediocre at best horror movie. The acting was pretty terrible and they gave the "twist" away like half way through the movie.

On my lazy sunday i watched fast and furious 6 for a mindles action movie. It is what you would expect. The last 45 minutes was just full of well thats physically not possible moments. One moment involving vin diesel and a mid air encounter was so over the top i had to rewind and watch it again.

Also re watching louie since i missed 2nd half of last season and all of this one thus far. Seriously one of the best shows on right now.

Hulk, Godzilla, and Superman will never have great movies (at least, this is my theory). Just so powerful that it's hard to do anything with them without going crazy on action scenes and special effects, which usually leads to movies people say "eh, it was entertaining but not great."

Godzilla already has a dozen good movies. I will also argue the original Superman with Christopher Reeves (as well as 2 and parts of 3) is great. Superman 4 nearly destroyed my childhood. When they did that first reboot i actually liked it at first because my last memory of Supes was so damn rotten. It was movie Stockholm Syndrome, the last two Superman movies were terrrrrrrrrrible.

Godzilla already has a dozen good movies. I will also argue the original Superman with Christopher Reeves (as well as 2 and parts of 3) is great. Superman 4 nearly destroyed my childhood. When they did that first reboot i actually liked it at first because my last memory of Supes was so damn rotten. It was movie Stockholm Syndrome, the last two Superman movies were terrrrrrrrrrible.

The imdb ratings of Superman (7.4) and the original Godzilla (7.5) back up my point. Those are somewhere around "OK" and "good," but they are not great movies. They were just pretty cool for when they came out cause people where impressed by special effects we would laugh at today.