Recently Viewing

The original Jurassic Park is an actual perfect movie.

I whole heartedly concur.

I still think 2 is pretty cool. Could be that I watched it so many times when I was younger and it's stuck with me.

But 3 is fucking garbage. Havent seen it. In a long long time, but don't feel the urge to do so.

Saw Jurassic World. From someone who LOVED the first movie growing up, I'd say this was good, not great. Debatable if better or worse than the second.

A couple gripes:

It was really stupid to send a team of people with stun guns to go after an animal the size of a T Rex.

It was hard to follow what was going on with the raptors after they let them out. Couldn't tell how many were left, when they were actually killed/incapacitated, etc. Just seemed like they kept popping up out of nowhere.

The way they finished off the Indonimus Rex was pretty sweet.

It killed at the box office. I'm sure we'll have another movie in 2 or 3 years. I'd say the idea of "a park to see dinosaurs, something goes wrong, lots of people get eaten" has been thoroughly run to the ground. Seems like they may be leaving the door open to go outside the box and have a pretty different but still dinosaur-centric sequel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been binge watching Malcolm in the Middle with my girlfriend.. Such a great show, has elements in it that reminds me of adventures of Pete and Pete.

Now were watching bates motel per her request. My girlfriend isn't a fan of horror movies which confuses me because we've watched all seasons of American horror story. Since we're watching bates motel I'm trying to get her to watch Psycho (I haven't even seen it) but for some strange reason she doesn't want to watch it...

I actually showed Psycho to my fiancé for the first time a year or two ago. It wasn't the fact that she had never seen it that shocked me, but more the fact that she had no idea what the "twist" was. Seriously blew my mind.

I wish I could erase the twist from my head & watch it all over again.

Glad she watched it... I mean there's no way you can marry someone who's never seen Psycho.

Yeah I'm surprised I haven't watched it yet.. it's one of those movies I want someone else to watch it with just for their reaction. I'll make her watch it with me one day if we continue with bates motel

Edit: I was scrolling through Netflix and American Psycho showed up and she said hey let's watch it! I said it's not the Psycho movie I was talking about, but this will be just fine! I'm easing her into the genre