Recently Viewing

I guess I was saying I like stuff that's kind of dark, and stuff that's kind of funny in the same style as Horrible Bosses. My music collection is what tells you I like swear words. And graphic depictions of violence. I don't have a problem... Cannibal Corpse is cool.

Battle Royale, The Raid, The Cabin in the Woods, I Saw the Devil, The Man from Nowhere

Watched some good stuff this past weekend.

Ex-Machina

Lake Mungo

Annabelle

Lost River

In The Realm Of The Senses

Nymphomaniac: Directors Cut Pt. 1 & 2

The Room

The Atticus Institute

Vivre Sa Vie

I don't really feel like going into detail about what was amazing and what wasn't.  But I will say a couple things:

- Everything we watched WAS amazing.  Minus The Atticus Institute.  I guess the idea was really cool. but it just wasn't executed very well.  Kinda ended up being boring and your run-of-the-mill possession movie.  And also minus Annabelle.  Pretty shitty, but most of you horror fans know that already.

- My fiance' literally passed out during a scene in the directors cut of Nymphomaniac Pt. 2.  This certain scene might have been mentioned here somewhere before, but I don't want to spoil it if it wasn't.  We've watched both parts before but they weren't the directors cut.  This certain scene was only in the directors cut.

- If anyone has any other questions or wants my opinion on any of the other films I watched then just let me know.  I just don't feel like talking about every one right now, haha.

I haven't seen the Director's Cut of Nymphomaniac but after reading an excerpt of that scene (just reading it almost made me want to vomit), I don't think I'm going to. I did want to get the Blu-Ray but I'm not sure if it's gonna be the Director's Cut now. That's some seriously fucked up shit.

Anyway, I saw Cabin in the Woods yesterday and it was so damn funny. I expected the typical horror flick but then, holy shit lmao.

Also, I can't wait to see Jurassic World (even though the original films look more realistic). Maybe I'll go see Love & Mercy and Mad Max as well.

Watched The Lazarus Effect last night and it saddens me to say that it is the first Mark Duplass flim that I didn't enjoy.  Even the great cast couldn't compete with the terrible plot, combined with cheeseball effects.  I don't recommend.  

I concur with this. It was very disappointing.

Also watched It Follows this weekend. A very subtle and creepy film. Gave me the heebie-jeebies for at least 24 hours after watching it. I really enjoyed it. 

I finally watched entourage season 8 this weekend so i could see the movie and be "in the know". I feel the last season kinda was wavering and then they were like oh shit we have two episodes left and threw together a random ending. Hopefully the movie improves on it because if the show was the last entourage we could have had it left alot to be desired...

Just watched Jurassic World, and it was pretty damn awesome. Seriously did not disappoint. I had been looking forward to this since I first found out it was even happening. Fucking love Jurassic Park.

This didn't have the same magic the first 2 did, seeing freaking dinosaurs onscreen sinc we are now spoiled with lots of monster movies like Godzilla and Pacific Rim etc, but it's still a damn enjoyable movie. I'd highly recommend seeing it, especially if you're a fan of the others (which cmon who isn't? I'd like to meet someone who DOESN'T like JP, and slap them in the face)

Go see this movie!!

Just watched Jurassic World, and it was pretty damn awesome. Seriously did not disappoint. I had been looking forward to this since I first found out it was even happening. Fucking love Jurassic Park.

This didn't have the same magic the first 2 did, seeing freaking dinosaurs onscreen sinc we are now spoiled with lots of monster movies like Godzilla and Pacific Rim etc, but it's still a damn enjoyable movie. I'd highly recommend seeing it, especially if you're a fan of the others (which cmon who isn't? I'd like to meet someone who DOESN'T like JP, and slap them in the face)

Go see this movie!!

Come fight me.

Do I have to see JP II and III before World or is it pretty much a stand-alone like the re-rebooted Planet of the Apes series? I really wanna see this.

Also, has anybody seen the Mockingjay Pt. 2 and Spectre trailers? Man, this year is stacked with blockbusters.

Definitely go see it I thought it was awesome.. You don't have to watch 2 and 3 to understand what's going on. They do talk about the first park and a little abou John Hammond, but that's it. Oh and you'll see a familiar face, which I thought was a cool touch.

Have you never seen the other 2 Jurassic Park movies? I've always enjoyed 2 as well.

Definitely go see it I thought it was awesome.. You don't have to watch 2 and 3 to understand what's going on. They do talk about the first park and a little abou John Hammond, but that's it. Oh and you'll see a familiar face, which I thought was a cool touch.

Have you never seen the other 2 Jurassic Park movies? I've always enjoyed 2 as well.

I probably did when I was a kid but I doubt I saw the entire thing (and if I did, I can't remember). Hell, I watched the first one just a few months ago haha.

I'll definitely go see it, hopefully in the next few weeks.

Went and saw Jurassic World last night too. I liked how they had some throwbacks to the original, but you don't have to see any of the other films to enjoy this one. There were definitely some cheesy story lines and dialogue, but very fun and entertaining. If it was anyone other than Chris Pratt then I may not have liked it as much.