No I don't.  I see the doctor on Wednesday about it, but over the phone the woman used the terms "high HTS," "underactive," "tiredness," and "weight issues."  That's all I got. =\

I do have the worst time losing weight, but I thought my birth control pill was to blame.  I suppose not.  Hopefully I can get everything balanced relatively easily.

I can't tell if this is a bad thing or a good thing.

Sounds like the same issue my wife has.  She was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which basically means her thyroid is underactive.

No I don't.  I see the doctor on Wednesday about it, but over the phone the woman used the terms "high HTS," "underactive," "tiredness," and "weight issues."  That's all I got. =\

I do have the worst time losing weight, but I thought my birth control pill was to blame.  I suppose not.  Hopefully I can get everything balanced relatively easily.

I can't tell if this is a bad thing or a good thing.

Ah, so you have an hypothyroid problem, the opposite of my friend. The drugs they gave you make your turn hyper-active at first, so you my lose some weight from that. Thyroid problems are hardly anything these days, just a pill and you're good to go. Hell, my Grandmother had thyroid cancer a few years back, so they took it out, and now she is fine on meds that do the same thing. Any medical condition is scary, but you'll feel 100 times better soon.

Sounds like the same issue my wife has.  She was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which basically means her thyroid is underactive.

It seems like there are many different types of thyroid disorders that sort of overlap.  I wonder what distinguishes them.

Ah, so you have an hypothyroid problem, the opposite of my friend. The drugs they gave you make your turn hyper-active at first, so you my lose some weight from that. Thyroid problems are hardly anything these days, just a pill and you're good to go. Hell, my Grandmother had thyroid cancer a few years back, so they took it out, and now she is fine on meds that do the same thing. Any medical condition is scary, but you'll feel 100 times better soon.

Just from what I know about these types of issues, I am under the impression that it's hypo.  Unless its also one of these other conditions that people are talking about their friends & wives have.  There are so many!  I'm really looking forward to hearing what's up from my doc to see where my bloodwork leaves me amongst all these possibilities.  Thanks for the words of positivity!  The underlying idea for everything that I'm hearing is that I will finally feel better and I am so happy about that. So, thanks. =]

Trying to get home. Stuck in Mumford concert traffic. On hour 2.

Oh man that's the WORST!  How long did it take you total?  I'm assuming you've made it home by now of course, lol.  I always thought about how unfortunate it would be to run out of gas in unexpected traffic like that.  Sometimes I work out my gas refills based on how many times I can get to and from work before I hit the 1/8th mark, lol.

It seems like there are many different types of thyroid disorders that sort of overlap.  I wonder what distinguishes them.

Just from what I know about these types of issues, I am under the impression that it's hypo.  Unless its also one of these other conditions that people are talking about their friends & wives have.  There are so many!  I'm really looking forward to hearing what's up from my doc to see where my bloodwork leaves me amongst all these possibilities.  Thanks for the words of positivity!  The underlying idea for everything that I'm hearing is that I will finally feel better and I am so happy about that. So, thanks. =]

Oh man that's the WORST!  How long did it take you total?  I'm assuming you've made it home by now of course, lol.  I always thought about how unfortunate it would be to run out of gas in unexpected traffic like that.  Sometimes I work out my gas refills based on how many times I can get to and from work before I hit the 1/8th mark, lol.

Some girl in my bio class last quarter she was talking about how she had a thyroid problem. She said her weight fluctuated. I'm assuming from articles I read hypo is when your thyroid is not making enough thyroid hormones. I think the girl had hypo too. She had surgery and everything was fine! But, seriously, hope everything goes well. c: 

Tonight, I'm going to a show after talking to a friend 10 minutes ago. Spontaneous! Very excited!

Some girl in my bio class last quarter she was talking about how she had a thyroid problem. She said her weight fluctuated. I'm assuming from articles I read hypo is when your thyroid is not making enough thyroid hormones. I think the girl had hypo too. She had surgery and everything was fine! But, seriously, hope everything goes well. c: 

Tonight, I'm going to a show after talking to a friend 10 minutes ago. Spontaneous! Very excited!

Enjoy the show

My dad called chose to yell and me and called me ungrateful, after I expressed to him that I didn't want the $2,000 dollar bed he picked out for me, with out consulting me. I appreciate his gesture I really do, but I didn't ask for that, I don't know why he's even getting upset when I asked for a $400 bed from IKEA that is much cheaper. Part of the reason I wanted a new bed was to be it lower to the ground, I didn't ask for a bed with 49 chest and it being 4 feet off the ground. I didn't appeared being yelled at until I almost cried, and I especially don't like having a room that aside from a couple of posters, shows no reflection of me and my personality. He's putting the bed in my little sister room now, and I don't think she'll like it either. He didn't even buy it he was about to place to order.

My dad called chose to yell and me and called me ungrateful, after I expressed to him that I didn't want the $2,000 dollar bed he picked out for me, with out consulting me. I appreciate his gesture I really do, but I didn't ask for that, I don't know why he's even getting upset when I asked for a $400 bed from IKEA that is much cheaper. Part of the reason I wanted a new bed was to be it lower to the ground, I didn't ask for a bed with 49 chest and it being 4 feet off the ground. I didn't appeared being yelled at until I almost cried, and I especially don't like having a room that aside from a couple of posters, shows no reflection of me and my personality. He's putting the bed in my little sister room now, and I don't think she'll like it either. He didn't even buy it he was about to place to order.

you just wanted the bed from ikea to be cool. it's not working. shut up.

Should of took the 2000 dollar bed it is probably super comfy.

Should of took the 2000 dollar bed it is probably super comfy.

No really, it's high up and I don't know it doesn't look like it should be in a 16 year old's room.Kira_Storage_Bed.jpg

He also said the bed I wanted was cheap, but I asked him to get me another bed of similar price from Crate and Barrel, but he said it was ugly too. I don't know I appeared the gesture, but honestly I'm tired of having a room were a couple of posters reflect my taste. I have framed pictures I don't like it my room, and I don't know it would be nice to have something that reflected me in my room for once.

No really, it's high up and I don't know it doesn't look like it should be in a 16 year old's room.Kira_Storage_Bed.jpg

He also said the bed I wanted was cheap, but I asked him to get me another bed of similar price from Crate and Barrel, but he said it was ugly too. I don't know I appeared the gesture, but honestly I'm tired of having a room were a couple of posters reflect my taste. I have framed pictures I don't like it my room, and I don't know it would be nice to have something that reflected me in my room for once.

Meh, growing up I had a giant waterbed that took up 60% of my room.  Why?  Because my parents bought it and that was the end of the discussion. 

ikea beds are shitty. i helped my friend move - he had an ikea bed and we had the most terrible time getting that thing back together. then he got a girlfriend, it broke, and he bought a nice bed 2 months later.

If you really want to be rebellious, you should take the bed (seriously, it's not that bad) and then hide all your weed in the drawers.  Because nothing is more rebellious than weed...  ^_^

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic