Opened the door to the store this morning and the security alarm pad on the wall starts beeping. We don't pay for security monitoring or anything, it's just installed in the building and we've never used it. I start messing around pressing buttons trying to get it to shut off and nothing works. I called my boss and he tells me to try and open it to see if I can detach it from the wall to turn it off. All that's inside is a few wires going into the wall. My boss tells me to cut the wires. I felt like I was disposing a bomb. I cut the wire and it makes it worse, the security pad isn't beeping but now the actual alarm is going off. People are walking by giving me weird looks. I call the landlord and he comes by and shuts off the power circuit for the alarm or something. Interesting start to my day.

she has cataracts you can visually see standing feet away from her and horrible cornea issues. her pupils dont really dilate, therefore she cant adjust to light. she cant have contacts, lasik or cataracts surgery until she's 45. (currently 27) she is literally years away from disability and its sad. she pretends it doesnt bother her but its obvious.

she also has this: http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/iritis

Is that an insurance regulated age for cataract surgery?  That's truly unfair.  I'm so sorry she has to live life like that. =[

Today I learned that my Android doesn't do as well with SMS management as Apple does.  I never once deleted a text thread on my iPhone, but my Galaxy has some serious lag in my 1 thread with my best friend.  Everytime I try to delete it, my phone crashes.  Once I restart the phone, the messages are still there like nothing ever happened.

I figured it out.  It kept crashing because it was being interrupted. (?) So once I deactivated my lock screen, dimmed the screen all the way, and turned off cell service, it was able to sit long enough to erase the whole thread.  This is a phone that can scroll up and down by just looking at it, but it can't erase text messages.

I swore by my Droid and said I'd never own an iPhone. A friend of mine insulted my phone because it wasn't an iPhone and the next day it died (I can only assume from depression).  

I ended up really liking it, it helps that because I have a Mac, everything is very integrated and smooth.

I was upset that my iPhones seemed not to last more than like a year because of the constant OS upgrades.  It would get bogged down from trying to run the new functions.  I have EVERYTHING Apple in my house, including multiple laptops/desktop computers for my photography work, so it was hard for me to switch over, but I actually find the dependency iPhones have on iTunes annoying now that I have the Galaxy and it doesn't need to work off of a computer.  Even tho I have all Apple products at home, I use Google more universally, so the fact that I can click "install" on google play's website and it will automatically install on my phone without it needing to be prompted is pretty cool.  Same goes for my google calendar and documents.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic