Beck>DMB

Absolutely

I literally work across the street man. Hit me up. I had no idea Beck was even coming here.

im hoping to come down earlier than the show to chill, so will do, kinda depends on what we do with the kiddos, though...as i get older, i realize kids rule  and parents drool.

TRUTH!  But just for clarity,  Houston is the WORST. Dallas, Austin & San Antonio ain't so bad. 

i lived in dallas for about 3 years for work then moved back, then moved to houston to be with the lady until she finishes her work contract then back up north!

dallas was cool, but it was still texas. it was a nice city but boring. austin, everyone raves about 6th street and i dont drink so everytime i go there its always a dud, because im a dud. cool looking for sure. and sa has the alamo thats it. im used to boston and coastline cities, just for me so much more. haha thought i did enjoy going to denton, just north of dallas. cool little area for sure.

UGH. What is with people on here always trying to sell Second Stage Turbine Blade for $125+?! Fuckers.

Coheed is too often overpriced second hand. The sad thing is that a lot of the fanatics just collect their stuff and don't necessarily play it. There is this one guy that has all their albums (and assorted variants) FRAMED on his walls. He has no free wall space for all the coheed records (and posters, setlists, etc.) Don't get me wrong, I'm all for doing what you want with your stuff, but he probably doesn't know how a record player works. To quote the James Champ: "for. shame."

Coheed is too often overpriced second hand. The sad thing is that a lot of the fanatics just collect their stuff and don't necessarily play it. There is this one guy that has all their albums (and assorted variants) FRAMED on his walls. He has no free wall space for all the coheed records (and posters, setlists, etc.) Don't get me wrong, I'm all for doing what you want with your stuff, but he probably doesn't know how a record player works. To quote the James Champ: "for. shame."

I hate people like that. But even more when they do it with rare shit. Why hang a record? WHY!

I hate people like that. But even more when they do it with rare shit. Why hang a record? WHY!

Yeah. I don't get it. I mean records look cool (kind of), but their purpose and use is so much more impressive than they are as "art."

Sometimes I still get really excited about the concept of a record/ turntable. There is sooooo much detail, thought, and invention in the idea. Like seriously, who the fuck thinks: "I bet if I make a bumpy-grooved disc spin under a needle connected to magnets that will communicate with electricity to create noise, I can listen to music"? It's just mind-boggling and impressive...I dunno...I'm rambling.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic