I FINALLY HAVE MY APARTMENT!

I'm still in the process of moving all my stuff, but the first thing to grace my room was 11 boxes of records.  Haven't been able to pick up my shelves, so they'll be residing in the boxes until I can do that.  It's such a cathartic experience separating me and my ex's stuff (while she's not home) and moving it into a fresh new place.  I feel its a form of closure that I'd been craving for a few months now.

Now it's happened.

Next step is to get internet at my house, so I don't have to wait until I'm at work to post here.

I'm still in the process of moving all my stuff, but the first thing to grace my room was 11 boxes of records.  Haven't been able to pick up my shelves, so they'll be residing in the boxes until I can do that.  It's such a cathartic experience separating me and my ex's stuff (while she's not home) and moving it into a fresh new place.  I feel its a form of closure that I'd been craving for a few months now.

Now it's happened.

Next step is to get internet at my house, so I don't have to wait until I'm at work to post here.

hell yes dude, having a place to call your own is one of the best feelings, and I'm sure getting your collection back from the ex after all these months is just icing on the cake. congratulations!

Now it's happened.

That's awesome dude! Happy for you!

hell yes dude, having a place to call your own is one of the best feelings, and I'm sure getting your collection back from the ex after all these months is just icing on the cake. congratulations!

It's such a glorious moment.  I can't wait to spin the 40+ records that I've had show up at her place and remain stacked next to the door for the last 3 months.  

I still need to get a bed though...

That's awesome dude! Happy for you!

Thank you!  I'm overwhelmed with joy.  I just gotta keep this streak up and everything is gonna be a-okay!  :D

How's everyone doing tonight?

I'm out of work in 20 minutes and then I'm meeting up with a girly friend I've been talking to. Good times ahead. :D

I'm sure dating will be much more fun now that you've got your own apartment. Good luck, dude.

It's coming up on a year since the end of my 4 year relationship. My life has improved 1000x since then and its insane how lucky I've been. It was really bad at first but then I met the greatest woman I've ever known.

My life has seriously improved in every possible way, it's been crazy.

I'm sure dating will be much more fun now that you've got your own apartment. Good luck, dude.

It's coming up on a year since the end of my 4 year relationship. My life has improved 1000x since then and its insane how lucky I've been. It was really bad at first but then I met the greatest woman I've ever known.

My life has seriously improved in every possible way, it's been crazy.

I was destroyed (mentally, emotionally, and socially) after the recent dissolution of my long-term relationship, but after I went through all those stages of grief, I eventually accepted it.  And not only that, I realized that it was probably one of the best things that has happened to me in a long while.  It's allowed me to blossom into my own, actually do the things I want to do, and not have to be "us" but just "me"!

After all, you can only build if you tear the old walls down first.

How's everyone doing tonight?

I'm out of work in 20 minutes and then I'm meeting up with a girly friend I've been talking to.  Good times ahead.  :D

You lucky dawg. Iv been meeting some class act weirdos when it comes to girls. It's been pretty fucking entertaining though. I might blow all your minds and post my most recent story in the man advice thread. Matt knows the story. And it's blowing both of our fucking minds.

You lucky dawg. Iv been meeting some class act weirdos when it comes to girls. It's been pretty fucking entertaining though. I might blow all your minds and post my most recent story in the man advice thread. Matt knows the story. And it's blowing both of our fucking minds.

Dating is fucking weird and I'm glad I only had to do it for a short period of time. Hell, I blew off most of my dates because I was so into the girl I ended up moving in with.

If I ever have to do it again I'm going to be a shit show.

Dating is fucking weird and I'm glad I only had to do it for a short period of time. Hell, I blew off most of my dates because I was so into the girl I ended up moving in with.

If I ever have to do it again I'm going to be a shit show.

I hate dating with a passion. I thought I would never have to do it again but boy was I wrong. oh well. Tinder and okcupid have been so entertaining for me it's ridiclious.

I hate dating with a passion. I thought I would never have to do it again but boy was I wrong. oh well. Tinder and okcupid have been so entertaining for me it's ridiclious.

I'm like hot property on OKC. Both times I've used it I've had a bunch of girls message me almost immediately. My girlfriend even said she was about to call it quits on okc before I popped up.

It's weird but apparently most dudes on that site are so shitty that simply not seeming like a shit head gets results.

I'm like hot property on OKC. Both times I've used it I've had a bunch of girls message me almost immediately. My girlfriend even said she was about to call it quits on okc before I popped up.

It's weird but apparently most dudes on that site are so shitty that simply not seeming like a shit head gets results.

That seems to be all it takes. Hey, just don't be a shithead. Also say something somewhat interesting. Girls get like 100+ messages a day from what they have told me. Gotta find a way to stand out though the sea of douche baggery.

A good question - To everyone that has participated, do you feel as though the bio/interests are actually in tune with what the person actually believes in/acts like, etc.?  What you see and read is, or isn't, what you get?  90/10? 80/20? 50/50?

Im always down for a good 80/20, but yeah I think 80/20 is the most accurate.

Edit: meaning 80% accurate and 20% fucking bullshit.

The last girl I was in a serious relationship with sprung up from okcupid.  There can be people on there who aren't bat shit.

Tinder and OKC have been pretty interesting for me as well. I don't have interesting stories like Brian, but using those things is like shooting fish in a barrel. I just like meeting these girls and seeing how awkward it can get. Haha. Met some girl last night and see asked to see my "listening set up". Girl just wanted to make out. I was OK with it.

My online dating stories are fucking insane.  I need to write a book about them.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic