Have a freaking blast dude

Just got in. I'm front row

Just got home, it was awesome. Can't hear for shit right now, but that should go away soonish. Stayed almost at the front for a while and held my own in the pit. Dom1 should be proud, I wasn't a zombie standing around, I got really into it. Hoping to catch them next time they come to town too. Wasn't able to snag much video because it was so rowdy and my phone was almost dead too. I'm going to go to bed and get a shower real quick. Probably wearing as much of someone else's sweat as my own. Opening acts had okay songs, but the performances were nowhere near as good as AM!'s. Only damage was to my glasses and hearing, no broken ribs or anything.

How long should it take for my ears to quit ringing?

Protip : Buy some nice earplugs.  You can get a good reusable pair for $10-20.  I've been using them for 6+ years now and I haven't had my ears ring after a show since.  I felt lame about using them for about 30 seconds and after that I stopped caring.  One of the best decisions I've ever made.

To answer your question, most likely tomorrow.  You'll either wake up fine or it'll disappear sometime throughout the day.

Already starting to get better, but for future reference, can anyone recommend a pair of earplugs that will keep me from fucking up my hearing but still allow me to hear the show well?

Jon nailed it with his reply. I almost always wear ear plugs at shows. I've got a cheap pair of reusable Etymotics that were maybe $12-$15. I wore them to see A Place to Bury Strangers a couple days ago. The show was bome rattlingly loud, but I was fine after the show thanks to my ear plugs.

Good Sunday to you folks. I am enjoying a few more hours of totally empty house before one of the kiddos comes home this afternoon, so I get to listen to the music nobody likes at elevated volumes...ahhh

I assumed Chelsea Wolfe was a band, like Jethro Tull.

I did as well lol

Crappy photo, but got pretty close to the Pope this evening. Was a cool day

That is really awesome. I'm not even religious, but the Pope is an amazing person and a wonderful human being. His humbleness gives me pause to think maybe there is hope for us when the world seems so shitty now

How long should it take for my ears to quit ringing?

Like the others have said, and I will stress it being 38 now, get yourself some ear plugs soon! I'm not hard of hearing by any means, but had a hearing test years back only to discover I can't hear some ranges in the high pitched areas anymore thanks to the sonic assault provided by years of hardcore shows in VFWs and other shack sized venues with way too much volume. Even if you just grab some from Walmart, look for something that protects against the highest decibels possible. 

jus two dope boys in a Cadillac

oh yes, he loves them like Egyptians, on the discriptions, his royal highness

Sorry.  Anyone drops Jazzy Belle, and I come a preachin'.  

I saw Outkast on their tour last year.  Took me back to the mid 90's, thinking I was hot shit because I knew the entire ATLiens albums like the back of my hand.  Mainstream has, and always will be, my fav

edit: not Jazzy.  Meant to type ATL

oh yes, he loves them like Egyptians, on the discriptions, his royal highness

Sorry. Anyone drops Jazzy Belle, and I come a preachin'.

I saw Outkast on their tour last year. Took me back to the mid 90's, thinking I was hot shit because I knew the entire ATLiens albums like the back of my hand. Mainstream has, and always will be, my fav

edit: not Jazzy. Meant to type ATL

man. I remember crusin to that. the album is a timeless stunner.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic