You guys were talking about turntables earlier. I have like a late 70's (I think) Linear Tracking Panasonic SL-N15 how much should I prioritize getting a new TT? I mean I don't have a very large New Vinyl collection.

Just keep an eye out for something with a counterweight and such at a garage sale or something unless you're going full audiophile

There is theoretically nothing wrong with a linear tracking table, in fact they should track better than a standard table (if implemented correctly). The main issue with the cheaper ones, is that they use p-mounts, which always track at 1.25g. They also have a lot of moving parts and components, so there is a lot more to go bad in them. Nothing against p-mounts, just that there are limited amounts of them compared to normal. A counter weight is a moot point with linear tracking.

There is theoretically nothing wrong with a linear tracking table, in fact they should track better than a standard table (if implemented correctly). The main issue with the cheaper ones, is that they use p-mounts, which always track at 1.25g. They also have a lot of moving parts and components, so there is a lot more to go bad in them. Nothing against p-mounts, just that there are limited amounts of them compared to normal. A counter weight is a moot point with linear tracking.

One of the things I kinda like about Linear Tracking is that it has a queuing button so say someone calls I can just press that and then it's paused. 

I love those things, I saw one at a goodwill but my cat would never play with it. There's a record store in Mesa that has a store cat (super cute it'll jump up and lay next to the row you're looking through) and they have one of those put out for it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic