How has working on the house been going?

This one is infinitely easier than the last one I worked on. I swear the last one was built by drunks cause nothing in that house was level. This one is less than ten years old so there isn't much to do. Just a fuck ton of painting, installing new baseboards and patching walls (since this dude ran a surround system in 2 rooms, and very poorly at that - then left them), installing new hardware and carpet. That's about it. I think I'll be done in a week if not sooner.

Progress:

svXrLKi.jpg9p9ScAL.jpg

J7rtwzG.jpg

eH0OIHo.jpgsUrjG4m.jpg

Where the mounts were, huge holes in the wall. The dude installing them didn't exactly know what he was doing. It's worse than it looks cause you can't see the holes, or the rear speakers, but infinitely better than the last house. Don't know why he left his shit though and only took the bluray players. Haha.

Progress:

svXrLKi.jpg9p9ScAL.jpg

J7rtwzG.jpg

eH0OIHo.jpgsUrjG4m.jpg

Where the mounts were, huge holes in the wall. The dude installing them didn't exactly know what he was doing. It's worse than it looks cause you can't see the holes, or the rear speakers, but infinitely better than the last house. Don't know why he left his shit though and only took the bluray players. Haha.

Looks like you've done a bang-up job so far, honestly. Even dig the color palette. It's been awhile since I've done much work on a place, but I'm impressed you've made that much progress, what, alone? Fuck, you're making me want to spruce up my house haha

Looks like you've done a bang-up job so far, honestly. Even dig the color palette. It's been awhile since I've done much work on a place, but I'm impressed you've made that much progress, what, alone? Fuck, you're making me want to spruce up my house haha

Thanks. And I go with neutral colors so it's higher odds of people liking it for renting. It were my place I would go bold. And yup, pretty much doing everything myself. And that's just the downstairs room and main. Repainted both bedrooms and upstairs bedrooms as well. I haven't finished the upstairs bathroom cause it was a red wine color, so it took lots of priming. But once I paint that I'm pretty much done. It was just a fuck ton of painting compared to the last place which I had to do a ton of electrical and plumbing work at. This one only took me like 2 weeks or so. Other one took 6 weeks.

over the weekend my setup started humming/buzzing like crazy. it was the first time i was spinning anything since we moved and i was so bummed that i mustve ruined something while it was in transit from our old place to our new. i know fuck all about audio gear (cringe, i know) but i did some troubleshooting and found out that it was the RCA extension cable that was the culprit. since we're in a smaller space i had to move the tt further from the receiver to fit our tv between the two and needed a longer RCA hookup in order to reach past the tv. I guess its faulty. once i moved it closer and hooked it up without the extension, it sounded perfect  :wub:

i'm proud of me.

Re: RSD thread.

It was marked "unapproved" instead of straight-up deleted. Which will be now.

Why?

The folks at RSD reached out us asking to take down the postings with any and all info pertaining to RSD and releases until the official word is out. Additionally, a few labels & distros reps aren't too happy at the info being out this early.

So, to keep the peace, we will oblige and 86 the thread and all info.

Why?

The folks at RSD reached out us asking to take down the postings with any and all info pertaining to RSD and releases until the official word is out. Additionally, a few labels & distros reps aren't too happy at the info being out this early.

I thought it was because young thug was trolling again! 

Thanks. And I go with neutral colors so it's higher odds of people liking it for renting. It were my place I would go bold. And yup, pretty much doing everything myself. And that's just the downstairs room and main. Repainted both bedrooms and upstairs bedrooms as well. I haven't finished the upstairs bathroom cause it was a red wine color, so it took lots of priming. But once I paint that I'm pretty much done. It was just a fuck ton of painting compared to the last place which I had to do a ton of electrical and plumbing work at. This one only took me like 2 weeks or so. Other one took 6 weeks.

Huh - do you fix houses up as a hobby or something? Either way, it's cool to see people who do work themselves and self-learn practical skills. Aren't you doing this to help out your dad?

Huh - do you fix houses up as a hobby or something? Either way, it's cool to see people who do work themselves and self-learn practical skills. Aren't you doing this to help out your dad?

My dad has been doing this since he "retired", and I have helped on a few when I lived here. It's just stuff I've picked up along the way. Honestly, most of this stuff is common sense, minis electrical. It's all simple stuff that anyone can do. The one I'm working on is his last one, and the sooner he fixes it, the sooner he can rent it out. So I'm doing this while he deals with renting out two other properties. And by the time I'm done he can start looking for people to rent this place. Then I manage the three which us pretty much 0 work and I get a few hundred a month from that once they're all rented. So it's just helping out my dad right now, then off to a normal shit 9-5 probably. Haha.

Why?

Its the internet. The list is out there.

But can't blame you for doing what you feel best.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic