Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

This is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I've worked as a food handler at like 6 different places and food safety videos/tests have always been a part of orientation.

Boss said it'd take about 90min to watch the stupid videos and take a test to be state certified. Food handler's card.

28 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I've been putting off getting it on wax, but I felt compelled to listen to it today, so I put it on. I really need to get a copy.

Surprisingly enough, same on the putting it off. I have so many other Talking Heads albums, but I don't have Remain in Light.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Surprisingly enough, same on the putting it off. I have so many other Talking Heads albums, but I don't have Remain in Light.

It's always the really easy to find albums that get put off. I've been meaning to replace my copy of Stop Making Sense that my ex took but haven't gotten around to it. 

Really I'm just hoping it gets repressed as a 2xLP with all the songs. It's criminal that This Must Be the Place isn't on the LP 

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It's always the really easy to find albums that get put off. I've been meaning to replace my copy of Stop Making Sense that my ex took but haven't gotten around to it. 

Really I'm just hoping it gets repressed as a 2xLP with all the songs. It's criminal that This Must Be the Place isn't on the LP 

Right? Then all of a sudden they're $100 and impossible to find.

Threw Illinois on the turntable because I'm working on a project about John Wayne Gacy.

4 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

high five to Dom for helping me out with the Hotelier album. I know whats going to happen, im going to listen to it and like it and not want to send the sold out variant to bladie (obviously wouldn't do that, but id just be bummed I gave it up haha)

No prob ;)

2 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Threw Illinois on the turntable because I'm working on a project about John Wayne Gacy.

And because it's the second best Sufjan album, which makes it probably a top 50 all-time for me.

It used to be my fav from him, but Carrie and Lowell is a fucking masterpiece.

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

And because it's the second best Sufjan album, which makes it probably a top 50 all-time for me.

It used to be my fav from him, but Carrie and Lowell is a fucking masterpiece.

The project is to pick a serial killer to research, and Sufjan is the reason I went with JWG ;)

Also C&L was my introduction to Sufjan, but Illinois has overtaken it as my favorite. Both are very strong releases, each of which I love very much.

Just now, DOMAN127 said:

The project is to pick a serial killer to research, and Sufjan is the reason I went with JWG ;)

Also C&L was my introduction to Sufjan, but Illinois has overtaken it as my favorite. Both are very strong releases, each of which I love very much.

I will say that JWG song is incredible. He should be a fun one to research for sure.

7 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

being into that subject, which your project is about, I was wondering why you went with JWG (if you like clowns or you liked his paintings). what about JWG?

Edited by KingTacoMunster

3 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

being into that subject, which your project is about, I was wondering why you went with JWG (if you like clowns or you liked his paintings). what is the actual project about JWG?

It's for my intro psych class; pick a serial killer, discuss their crimes and 'story', and look into their behavior (and childhood) to diagnose their personality disorder. 

So far, unsurprisingly, JWG looks to display massively antisocial behavior.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Carrie and Lowell is just my go-to sad album now. It's so melancholic, but filled with so much love. So good. If you ever get a chance to see him live do yourself a favor and goooooooooo.

Next time he comes around I won't hesitate. I'm desperate to see the man perform!

4 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

It's for my intro psych class; pick a serial killer, discuss their crimes and 'story', and look into their behavior (and childhood) to diagnose their personality disorder. 

figured. and that's a given. good luck!

Edited by KingTacoMunster

8 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Next time he comes around I won't hesitate. I'm desperate to see the man perform!

Last time I saw him I legitimately cried.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic