3 hours ago, chkadea said:

Evening beautiful people!

Today was a city-wide garage sale, and as I'm sure you could have guessed, I obviously found the most prized possession.

@The Ghost of Randy Savage, channeled you today

image.jpg

I have this set and can confirm it is worth $5. Good job!

22 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Speaking of nostalgia, apparently the Number 12 Looks Like You played a surprise show the other day and it was less than an hour from me.

Edit: Hahaha holy shit it was at the bar my ex hangs out at now.

Keep thinking of that as the Twilight Zone episode

But yay for dodging that bullet

35 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Keep thinking of that as the Twilight Zone episode

But yay for dodging that bullet

I'm glad someone else knows that Twilight Zone episode. The other day my girlfriend had to ask me to please stop nerding out about the Twilight Zone and just watch it.

Honestly it would have been hilarious to run into my ex. I have no hard feelings (aside from the years of emotional abuse, but that's whatever. I'm over it) but she definitely does. She ended it but got super butthurt that I met someone immediately. It's not my fault I'm a catch.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Speaking of nostalgia, apparently the Number 12 Looks Like You played a surprise show the other day and it was less than an hour from me.

Edit: Hahaha holy shit it was at the bar my ex hangs out at now.

Motherfucker you didn't go now you're dead to me

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Dude, I go whole weeks without being able to listen to new single LPs I get.

So I'm spinning Turn on the Bright Lights right now and experiencing the weirdest nostalgia. When I was 15ish I listened to this album every day on the bus to school for like 3+ months. It was winter and I would be half asleep with my face against the cold window the whole time, occasionally opening my eyes so I wouldn't completely fall asleep. I can still feel where I used to be at specific parts of this album and it's weird.

Reply when I get off work.

24 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yeah, sorry I didn't drive 50 minutes to the middle of nowhere to see "The Devil's Dick Disaster" play a shitty hole in the wall dive bar in hopes that the Number 12 would play a secret surprise set afterwards.

I'm glad you're sorry but your sins can't be forgiven that easily. It's okay, I'm trash too, I missed Kevin Devine and Andy Hull because I worked

Is there a band called Devil's Dick or was that just secret code for #12 since that's track one on Nuclear?

8 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Good morning' to ya, VC. I get to work my first shift of the year at the golf course, which finally opened up this week. I'm excited.

Hopefully you don't have to actually deal with any of those people.

Edit: Wait, what type of golf course?

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Hopefully you don't have to actually deal with any of those people.

Edit: Wait, what type of golf course?

Mini golf. It's the best job in the world because you almost have to do nothing, can bring anything (laptop) and there's an Internet connection.

51 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I was offered a job at a golf course and refused. Why is it so bad? Pretentiou fucks, or something else?

Upper middle-upper class white people are the WORST people to have to do any kind of customer service for, especially at a place like a country club or golf course. Rude, condescending, and entitled. At least you're not a teenaged girl though, because then you also get sexual harassment. When my little sister and cousin worked at a golf course I was ready to go there myself and start breaking putters over creepy middle aged dudes heads.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

8 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Just listened to PBTT - Hiding at 33 instead of 45 because I was too lazy to get back up and switch the belt.

this is why speed boxes are dope, I firmly believe you can put a price on laziness. I'd probably have cut down on listening to 45 rpm records considerably otherwise

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic