11 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Saw Night Birds/Fucked Up/Descendents... the show started 65 minutes late because Descendents didn't like how the speakers sounded during sound check and had them swapped out, which is not a quick task. Curious as to how bad they actually sounded, surprised Descendents would be the type of band to really care that much.

have you not seen Filmage? Bill Stevenson is a perfectionist

How was Fucked Up? Love those guys, never seen them live. I need to pick up "David Comes To Life" soon

2 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

have you not seen Filmage? Bill Stevenson is a perfectionist

How was Fucked Up? Love those guys, never seen them live. I need to pick up "David Comes To Life" soon

I have it, but definitely have been slacking on sitting down and watching it.

Fucked Up were great, they are that one band that I constantly forget exist, but am super happy when reminded.

Hey @Thomas³, that seller never responded to my complaint about them sending me the wrong record, so eBay decided in my favor and gave me a refund and a shipping label to send it back. Funny, seeing as I told the seller in my message that I would take an opened copy just to assure I was getting what I wanted instead of a refund.

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Hey @Thomas³, that seller never responded to my complaint about them sending me the wrong record, so eBay decided in my favor and gave me a refund and a shipping label to send it back. Funny, seeing as I told the seller in my message that I would take an opened copy just to assure I was getting what I wanted instead of a refund.

He probably doesn't really have the variant you want. Asshole sellers.

Someone in my hometown was arrested and charged with burglary for breaking into his neighbor's house to save their dog from a fire..

Granted, the house was not on fire...he was just tripping on acid...but still. I say he pays for a new door and they call it even. He had no drugs in his possession, just in his system. He wanted to save the dog. If it was my house I might not even make him pay for a new door. Homie was looking out for a doggo. Give that man a medal.

1 hour ago, Holo said:

Can anyone recommend a cheap bluray player? Bonus points if it can play video files off of a USB hard drive

Yeah, goodwill. You see them there so often now since they've been around long enough.
I've got one that does that stuff but I've never used it, mostly because I haven't bothered getting a remote for it.

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

How spooky is too spooky when you want trick 'r' treaters to come to your house? I'm spookin' my house all up because I like ghouuuuuuuls and goblins, but my wife is afraid it'll be too spooktacular and scare off the kiddos.

Image result for spoopy

It never can be too scary. You should gauge this by piss pants...1 kid pissing their pants, not too shabby, 3 kids pissing their pants, you deserve an award

First day at the record store here in an hour or so, I'm pretty excited it's been a pretty welcoming group already and I think I can help augment their staff with my knowledge. I'm excited to learn more about audio equipment, they seem to have a really good staff for that, but their record knowledge is more the classic rock/pop/blues/country so that's where I come in for the more fringe stuff

I had a dream last night that Beck played a show in my kitchen and he played "Where it's at" but sang the lyrics "I've got two turntables and a microwave". Waking up sucked today.

Edited by Youinreverse

First day was pretty decent, got a crash course but they mostly gave me the run down of the system, had me alphabetize the understock new CDs and pick out all the bargain bin records from the to be priced pile and check condition on some records, got to meet the owner he is the most vocal about being an asshole of any of the 5 record store owners I've dealt with (Independent had 3) he is probably one of the nicer ones.  I hope I made an ok impression, got a few shifts this next week so i'll get a better feel for it.

46 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

First day was pretty decent, got a crash course but they mostly gave me the run down of the system, had me alphabetize the understock new CDs and pick out all the bargain bin records from the to be priced pile and check condition on some records, got to meet the owner he is the most vocal about being an asshole of any of the 5 record store owners I've dealt with (Independent had 3) he is probably one of the nicer ones.  I hope I made an ok impression, got a few shifts this next week so i'll get a better feel for it.

Glad to hear it sounds like it might be a good transition back into the work force. Working at a record store would be interesting for sure.

John, looks like there are a few Boy's Life LP's stateside on discogs now, for around $20ppd.

43 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Glad to hear it sounds like it might be a good transition back into the work force. Working at a record store would be interesting for sure.

John, looks like there are a few Boy's Life LP's stateside on discogs now, for around $20ppd.

Good lookin' out, dude. I've got both of the LPs though, so I'm set :) (If it doesn't sell I may hit you up someday for the CFD/Boy's Life split.

14 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Nice, didn't know you grabbed the s/t yet. It's your for a lot cheaper if you want it.

Yeah, somebody the dude doing the ABC's sales threads on the boards hooked me up with s/t for a great price a while back!

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic