I saw Alexisonfire in 2004 and they were a lot of fun. Did my first stage dive during Pulmonary Archery.

The crowd was dead during all the opening bands. Within 30 seconds of AOF starting like a dozen parents sitting at the bar had rushed to the front and pulled their 13 year olds from the front row. It's probably still the funniest thing I've seen at a show.

I saw Alexisonfire in 2004 and they were a lot of fun. Did my first stage dive during Pulmonary Archery.

The crowd was dead during all the opening bands. Within 30 seconds of AOF starting like a dozen parents sitting at the bar had rushed to the front and pulled their 13 year olds from the front row. It's probably still the funniest thing I've seen at a show.

Haha! It was the exact opposite when I saw them. My friend's band opened for them and people went fucking nuts (I think it was their last show or something) and then aof went on and it was like me and 20 other people watching. It was crazy.

It was also like a 3pm show. The whole thing was super weird.

Oh shit, the venue I went to back then used to do matinee shows like that. It was definitely weird.

They also made you sign an "I won't sue if I get hurt because of the mosh" waiver on your way in.

Haha, we didn't have the no sue waiver, but I think the matinee shows were the only way they got away with all ages shows since it was just a bar

Left partway through LoG, but Unearth only had their first two albums out. I enjoyed them enough that it wasn't too bad.

PMFS was incredible. They would have been the best part of the night, but Jonah got up with Thursday and they did some Far songs at the end of Thursday's set and it was amaaaaazing.

Yeah, what's up with that? Maybe I haven't been around long enough, but I think that's new.

Be proud of me, I just gave Number of the Beast and Powerslave another go and I really enjoyed them this time around. Vocals were kinda offputting at first, but I felt the same way about CC at first too. Now I'm on the quest for some Iron Maiden rekkids.

You're the best Jon. I also have a present for you! And it's totally beer related. And we are totally drinking it.

Finally had the chance to bring your album up to get flattened, it'll be mailed back to you by next Monday. Totally glad I went today, they had just gotten in a huge collection of 80s and 90s death/thrash metal in, the shit dreams are made of. Going back tomorrow after coming up with some cash to snag some stuff. It's all original presses from the UK in immaculate condition. I may have jizzed my pants a little bit when the owner of the shop called me to the back room to go look at it. 

I'm drunk and spinning Hot Damn!

The need to mosh is real.

Spun that the other day for old times sakes. Had never heard of ETID before working at hot topic 2005 [hate if you want, but I had been head deep in the jam band scene since getting tired of heavy music in my mid twenties], but a girl I worked with turned me on to them and we had an act for every song based on the lyrics and we would do it together at the store. Now, I still have to do the dances out of habit so if my kids catch me, they give me that look like i'm a huge idiot, but I just keep going and singing! 

I never got to see them live. I need to change that someday.

Make that happen! Caught them touring for The Big Dirty...very very good show for sure

Christ, if you folks out west and up north want to know how bad the rain is here, the city of Georgetown, between Myrtle Beach & Charleston along our coast, has closed all roads incoming and outgoing....You can't come in or go out....yikes

Yeah my job is closed today so I got a free football Sunday

My neighborhood:

DCE9AB54-59AC-490C-8273-0C121DEEF14D_zps

A75FB460-6F5F-4957-9B1E-0A98342AEEAE_zps

And downtown Charleston

A4F2D71A-794C-451D-883C-33649E4BAE72_zps

This is my taco joint...no tacos today :(

Now I want Nacho Hippo...curse you

Yeah my job is closed today so I got a free football Sunday

My neighborhood:

And downtown Charleston

This is from a friend in Columbia in Forest Acres. For those of you outside of here, that's in the middle of our state (3-4 hours from the coast)

Untitledg_zpshkbciwlk.jpg

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic