Because fuck the gold standard.

Yeah, shiny metal bits with not much real use outside being pretty to back up currency has always confused me. Seems silly. Why back up currency with anything if you can just print more. If they ever change the international standard currency from the dollar to something else America is fucked.

Yeah, shiny metal bits with not much real use outside being pretty to back up currency has always confused me. Seems silly. Why back up currency with anything if you can just print more. If they ever change the international standard currency from the dollar to something else America is fucked.

gotta keep the class system intact 

with that being said, when will overcomes monetary rules, you will see the majority rule

Oooooh stupid me. NASA would be in a better place if the Air Force still controlled.

Agreed. Hopefully the Mars stuff will get the general public more interested in space again.

Agreed. Hopefully the Mars stuff will get the general public more interested in space again.

the other night on Bill Maher's show, Neil DeGrasse Tyson mentioned a reason why he slightly disagrees w Hawking on inhabiting other planets.  "I think that's fine and great, but to do so, would mean we would have to terraform those planets.  My question is "why can't we terraform our own""

completely reasonable

come to think of it, i believe it was on overtime on youtube, which immediately follows the show.  Richard Dawkins was the other guest

the other night on Bill Maher's show, Neil DeGrasse Tyson mentioned a reason why he slightly disagrees w Hawking on inhabiting other planets.  "I think that's fine and great, but to do so, would mean we would have to terraform those planets.  My question is "why can't we terraform our own""

completely reasonable

come to think of it, i believe it was on overtime on youtube, which immediately follows the show.  Richard Dawkins was the other guest

I think the problem with Terraforming, or the theory of it anyway, is that when it is happening life can not be supported. I also don't think we can actually terraform yet, so that's probably the biggest reason why. I assume it'd be possible, once we can go somewhere else to fix our planet, but it might not work with life already on it.

Well Caspian was epic as fuck last night in Seattle. Currently trying to sleep on Seattle jon's floor. Gotta get a move on back to Portland to pick up Tess from the airport then see Caspian kill it again tonight. Then off to NC tomorrow morning. It's going to be a busy few days.

Sounds like a blast, enjoy it all!

I think the problem with Terraforming, or the theory of it anyway, is that when it is happening life can not be supported. I also don't think we can actually terraform yet, so that's probably the biggest reason why. I assume it'd be possible, once we can go somewhere else to fix our planet, but it might not work with life already on it.

According to the vid, i was a little off with my quote, but basically, i said what he said.  Either way, you got it

Most of the theory that I have read on terraforming supports what you are saying. But Sir Arthur C Clarke predicted it, so I have faith that it will happen.

Well Caspian was epic as fuck last night in Seattle. Currently trying to sleep on Seattle jon's floor. Gotta get a move on back to Portland to pick up Tess from the airport then see Caspian kill it again tonight. Then off to NC tomorrow morning. It's going to be a busy few days.

Yes!! So rad! I'm so stoked to see them on Thursday!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic