I was as intently as possible the complete opposite of every preppy asshat I went to school with who listened to Led Zeppelin & The Grateful Dead & Phish & Widespread Panic... I hated that music for so many years because the people that liked them enjoyed making me feel bad for being the metal/punk rock/hard core guy with stretched ears... I remember having a fucking blast making a home made Youth of Today shirt with the screen printing machine in senior art :D Took me a long time to realize that those other bands are great, it was just those kids that sucked...

No asshat could ever ruin Zeppelin for me. Shit, I doubt any of the preps or rednecks at my school even knew Zeppelin. I moved to VA from CA when I was 12, so you can imagine the culture shock. I stood out a lot, and was introverted as possible. I think the dramatic change is what made me as introverted as I am now. Everyone at my school was a redneck or a preppy fuck head. All I did was skate, and listen to music. Now, I'm sure everyone at my highscool listened to country (radio bullshit country) or mainstream rap, I was listening to a fuck ton of punk, Nirvana, grunge in general, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Foo, etc., so I stood out like a son of a bitch. I was basically 'goth' to them. It was weird cause when I was my most rebellious, and couldn't give any fucks less about my fellow classmates they started liking me. That made me hate them all more. I just wanted to be left alone with my music, and my skating. High school was definitely some weird times. I remember a few of the other loners that hung out in the same area as me / sat at the same table as me at lunch, listened to System of A Down, general dead head shit, and there was this one kid who had an unhealthy obsession with Coheed (I still make fun of him cause he IS their fan base to a 't'; so funny). Every once in a while I would try to broaden these fellow outcasts horizons with other music, but they just wouldn't have it. SO yeah, I was in my own punk rock world, just wanting to maybe find a punk rock girl to hang with (queue Dead Milkmen). So all I did was skate, every, fucking, day. That was me until I was like 20 and actually made a friend. He was an even nerdier version of me. Skated, same music taste, dorky as hell. But yeah, that's what 17yr old me was like; still am in a way, just more obsessed with more music. 

EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS

Pick up vinyl editions available exclusively from Barnes & Noble, including albums by The Beatles, Andrea Bocelli, Harry Connick Jr., Neko Case, Tony Bennett, and Yo-Yo Ma, among many other artists.

Yo-Yo Ma guys!!!!!!!!

Yeah...exclusive Neko Case could get me in there though, tbh.

It is a good one.

I can't WAIT to spin it but my roommate arrived so it's time for us to catch up on watching things. Glad I got to admire the packaging for a bit though. I really liked the album title spine-wrap-around thing, too! Reminded me of that strip that used to go on Japanese vinyl packaging.

Anybody up? I'm at the hospital with Candace. Her fibroids are acting up really bad

I hope everything is ok. Currently waiting to be picked up myself for a trip to the ER. Thinking my navel hernia has finally become blocked or twisted... never been in this much pain in my abdomen before :(

Edit: Of course it's Friday the 13th...and of course, I am Jason...chchchch hahahaha

So we just got an email stating that only one person is allowed to take an NS day at a time starting next year. It's bullshit since one girl works every Saturday, so her NS day is always Monday. If I have to work a Saturday, I want a 3 day weekend the week before, not some random day off in the middle of the week.

So we just got an email stating that only one person is allowed to take an NS day at a time starting next year. It's bullshit since one girl works every Saturday, so her NS day is always Monday. If I have to work a Saturday, I want a 3 day weekend the week before, not some random day off in the middle of the week.

NS day?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic