Finn, I am going to go hit some garage sales tomorrow. Think I'd have better luck if I went from Chandler to Scottsdale or from Chandler to Ahwatukee up Ray?

You know what this would have made this post better? If it had been a private message.

You know what this would have made this post better? If it had been a private message.

He's here, and that's small talk. Also a chance that someone else in AZ randomly drops into small talk. I don't see any reason it requires a PM. I mean, it could have been, but hope always holds out someone else chimes in with some info.

Eh scottsdale is a bunch of rich assholes so probably Ahwatukee.

I mean, it's the same for the most part out towards Ahwatukee too. Hard to decide because theoretically the "rich" part of town will have better shit, but at the same time they have enough money they are less likely to bother with a garage sale. I think I am going out to Mesa because I looked on Craigslist and saw a few that said they have stereo gear and records.

I mean, it's the same for the most part out towards Ahwatukee too. Hard to decide because theoretically the "rich" part of town will have better shit, but at the same time they have enough money they are less likely to bother with a garage sale. I think I am going out to Mesa because I looked on Craigslist and saw a few that said they have stereo gear and records.

Man, every garage sale I've been to only has like 40's-50's records, never any of the good stuff. Same goes for goodwills too for the most part.

Man, every garage sale I've been to only has like 40's-50's records, never any of the good stuff. Same goes for goodwills too for the most part.

It's hit and miss. I find some good stuff at GW/garage sales on occasion. I usually find something if I do a day of garage sales/GWing to have made it worth the effort. It's how I fund my records :P

It's hit and miss. I find some good stuff at GW/garage sales on occasion. I usually find something if I do a day of garage sales/GWing to have made it worth the effort. It's how I fund my records :P

I wish I could spend more on records but I try to put half of what I make every month into my account and the rest into whatever I want to buy, so usually a few records, some into my convention fund, and maybe some Evangelion stuff if I find something cool.

I wish I could spend more on records but I try to put half of what I make every month into my account and the rest into whatever I want to buy, so usually a few records, some into my convention fund, and maybe some Evangelion stuff if I find something cool.

I end up blowing all my money on records. When I get a job this summer I plan on putting some money aside though. I'll probably set up direct deposit so I don't even have the chance to impulsively buy shit. I need to save money for a car.

I end up blowing all my money on records. When I get a job this summer I plan on putting some money aside though. I'll probably set up direct deposit so I don't even have the chance to impulsively buy shit. I need to save money for a car.

I don't make a ton of money (less than $200/m) so by the time I spend money on other things I have like $40/m tops for records. But I decided any money I get as a gift is record money so I used X-mas money to buy the Mondo BTTF scores and The Iron Giant score.

I don't make a ton of money (less than $200/m) so by the time I spend money on other things I have like $40/m tops for records. But I decided any money I get as a gift is record money so I used X-mas money to buy the Mondo BTTF scores and The Iron Giant score.

My income fluctuates drastically month to month since I rely on GW/garage sale flips. Had a killer month because I cleaned out my record shelf of stuff I don't listen to and sold some old game stuff I had. I blew waaaaaaaay too much money on records. I have to slow down now though because I am back to being out of cash, hence my garage sale adventures tomorrow.

Ok, now this REALLY could be a PM.

I swear that conversation is going EXACTLY like the first PM between you and me, Rez. C'mon, man. You're better than this.

Well, it is small talk. I just won't use ST. Whatever. Anyone I really want to talk to here has my cell number. Finn, if you ended up getting a cell number, feel free to PM me it.

Every now and then I click to view a blocked user's posts, and Doman...you just got unblocked, buddy.

I don't know if I should be happy to hear that, or offended that I was blocked in the first place, but whatever I said I'm sure I can't blame ya. 

Thanks regardless!

I'm going to bed. CAH was fun--would like to do it again sometime, if the rest of y'all are reading this.

I'm less annoyed by the personal conversation happen in in ST than I am by teenagers talking about money.

Instead of double posting, here's a brief day 2 of the amzon echo: We already had smart bulbs (with a Wink Hub) so being able to control the lights with my voice is already worth the $179. My girlfriend and I rely heavily on our calendar and lists and shit. Being able to add to and check them vocally is a huge help. Also, being able to say "Whats my commute like?" Is pretty cool. It's also fun to be able to ask it random questions. Only drawback is not being able to hook it up to external speakers. It's not bad as a speaker but it'd be nice to hook it up to our sound system.

I'm less annoyed by the personal conversation happen in in ST than I am by teenagers talking about money.

Instead of double posting, here's a brief day 2 of the amzon echo: We already had smart bulbs (with a Wink Hub) so being able to control the lights with my voice is already worth the $179. My girlfriend and I rely heavily on our calendar and lists and shit. Being able to add to and check them vocally is a huge help. Also, being able to say "Whats my commute like?" Is pretty cool. It's also fun to be able to ask it random questions. Only drawback is not being able to hook it up to external speakers. It's not bad as a speaker but it'd be nice to hook it up to our sound system.

Yr the fucking worst.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic