And fuck. That thing is so sexy. I swear it's going to be my next table in a couple years.

Same. Thankfully vinyl nirvana exists, because he does some fucking amazing work on those old Thorens. I'd love to find a beat up one to sent to him to fix.

Same. Thankfully vinyl nirvana exists, because he does some fucking amazing work on those old Thorens. I'd love to find a beat up one to sent to him to fix.

I was thinking the same thing. Replace the arm, add a 2M, and be in heaven.

Also, when Silent Circus came out back in 2003, I was just starting to get into metalcore, and the like. So it took me a while to get into BTBAM, and appreciate it for what it was. So it was a really cool experience hearing them evolve as I was listening to more and more metal. I think it took me a couple weeks with a handful of visits to really warm up to it. So I don't expect you to get I to right away, but definitely revisit it later on once you explore their catalog. It'll be fun for you since you have so much. I had to wait years between albums. Haha.

I was thinking the same thing. Replace the arm, add a 2M, and be in heaven.

Also, when Silent Circus came out back in 2003, I was just starting to get into metalcore, and the like. So it took me a while to get into BTBAM, and appreciate it for what it was. So it was a really cool experience hearing them evolve as I was listening to more and more metal. I think it took me a couple weeks with a handful of visits to really warm up to it. So I don't expect you to get I to right away, but definitely revisit it later on once you explore their catalog. It'll be fun for you since you have so much. I had to wait years between albums. Haha.

How's the blue treating you? Been listening enough to break it in any? The Ortofon's seem to be quite bright until they break in, which is why I've always steered clear of them. Not sure why, since I like AT's sound, and they are usually some what bright too. I might look into the blue or bronze for my next cartridge, if I don't go with the 8MZ stylus for my Grado green.

Haha, always the best part of listening to an established band years down the line. So much to listen to at once. I don't hate this s/t, so I'm sure I'll revisit it all at some point, it's just my normal listening tastes right now.

I grabbed the Piston 3 today too. They were only $16ppd with insurance from China. Not bad at all, since the site was verified legit on head fi. Going to grab the Clip+ and sd card on Friday when I get paid, which should round out a nice budget DAP for traveling and working out.

I really don't want to bother with RSD, but I want that Nothing single.. wonder if it'll sell out fast and won't make it to Bullmoose's online sale.

How's the blue treating you? Been listening enough to break it in any? The Ortofon's seem to be quite bright until they break in, which is why I've always steered clear of them. Not sure why, since I like AT's sound, and they are usually some what bright too. I might look into the blue or bronze for my next cartridge, if I don't go with the 8MZ stylus for my Grado green.

Haha, always the best part of listening to an established band years down the line. So much to listen to at once. I don't hate this s/t, so I'm sure I'll revisit it all at some point, it's just my normal listening tastes right now.

I grabbed the Piston 3 today too. They were only $16ppd with insurance from China. Not bad at all, since the site was verified legit on head fi. Going to grab the Clip+ and sd card on Friday when I get paid, which should round out a nice budget DAP for traveling and working out.

I think I've spun about 20 hours worth so far. And I get hear it changing a bit. Speakers are definitely breaking in as well. I say in another week or two and they should be good to go. I'm really liking them. Not too bright at all honestly. And I say it's worth checking out. I was a bit concerned, but it's not as bright as everyone says.

Yeah, I hear you on that. I have to be in a heavier mood to play their first two, but I'm always in the mood to listen to anything else by them.

Nice. Those pistons take a week or two to break in. They get WAYYYYY better once you do. So don't be worried when they don't sound amazing out of the box.

I think I've spun about 20 hours worth so far. And I get hear it changing a bit. Speakers are definitely breaking in as well. I say in another week or two and they should be good to go. I'm really liking them. Not too bright at all honestly. And I say it's worth checking out. I was a bit concerned, but it's not as bright as everyone says.

Yeah, I hear you on that. I have to be in a heavier mood to play their first two, but I'm always in the mood to listen to anything else by them.

Nice. Those pistons take a week or two to break in. They get WAYYYYY better once you do. So don't be worried when they don't sound amazing out of the box.

I just need to check the compliance with it and my light tonearm. That's one thing I have not really read up on, tonearm compliance. I need to though.

I'm not too worried about the sound, as long as they are good. I'll be converting every to 320 to put on it, since it only takes 32gb cards, so they don't need to be amazing. Glad to hear they open up though, and I've read nothing but good things on them on the long ass head-fi thread.

I can see why Bruce likes Shevanel Cut A Flip, this song is really fucking good.

I just want the Self Defense Family ep, there is a few other maybes but once I saw the mewithoutyou single was just an alt version off of Pale Horses, I cared less.

I saw that mwY s7" too, and was interested until I saw it was just an alt version. Plus I don't like Circa Survive, so no need to waste money. I'll grab a rip/digital copy of it when it's out.

Since I got the deluxe I'm not going to bother. I might not for Clutch, but odds are I'll stay home this year.

I want it more for Suns and Lovers, since I don't have the EP on vinyl. I'm not going to go out of my way to get it, but I will if I can find it for around cost after RSD.

I just need to check the compliance with it and my light tonearm. That's one thing I have not really read up on, tonearm compliance. I need to though.

I'm not too worried about the sound, as long as they are good. I'll be converting every to 320 to put on it, since it only takes 32gb cards, so they don't need to be amazing. Glad to hear they open up though, and I've read nothing but good things on them on the long ass head-fi thread.

I can see why Bruce likes Shevanel Cut A Flip, this song is really fucking good.

I saw that mwY s7" too, and was interested until I saw it was just an alt version. Plus I don't like Circa Survive, so no need to waste money. I'll grab a rip/digital copy of it when it's out.

Yeah, I was worried about mine, plus the height with the acrylic platter, but everything worked out. It's nice and level. I'm sures your would be as well.

Right on. I feel that.

And it's my 'go to the pit' song. So I looked at my buddy with eyes wide open, and ran in there. Haha.

I meant to say something to you earlier Brian, but I might be out in PDX next month. If I get thi new job, I will have all next month off, so I plan on going there and Austin.

Will do. I want ti try for then, but my best friend will be home next month to so I don't want to leave when he is here. He's supposed to let me know this week, when he'll be here.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic