I know I know. I've tried different bands but I miss the lyrics/vocals. I've tried to listen to Caspian at least 4 different occasions because of you and I want to like it but just dont. I mean I don't hate it but doesn't do anything for me. I definitely understand the musicianship of it but....I'm hoping the metal/sludge elements of bossk keep me in it. I did enjoy the single that was released so.

This makes me sad. But I'm determined to find something post you'll enjoy. Challenge accepted.

I know I know. I've tried different bands but I miss the lyrics/vocals. I've tried to listen to Caspian at least 4 different occasions because of you and I want to like it but just dont. I mean I don't hate it but doesn't do anything for me. I definitely understand the musicianship of it but....I'm hoping the metal/sludge elements of bossk keep me in it. I did enjoy the single that was released so.

Depends on the band for me, I think the instruments/soundscapes have to add more color to the music if it lacks vocals or it can be hard to keep you drawn in. I'm usually drawn towards post-anything with unconventional instruments for rock music (whether it's strings, pianos, mallet insruments, moogs. etc.), weird samples or field recordings or inventive drumming. I think for your tastes I'd recommend Russian Circles, Isis or maybe Mogwai

This makes me sad. But I'm determined to find something post you'll enjoy. Challenge accepted.

Yes!

Depends on the band for me, I think the instruments/soundscapes have to add more color to the music if it lacks vocals or it can be hard to keep you drawn in. I'm usually drawn towards post-anything with unconventional instruments for rock music (whether it's strings, pianos, mallet insruments, moogs. etc.), weird samples or field recordings or inventive drumming. I think for your tastes I'd recommend Russian Circles, Isis or maybe Mogwai

Isis is too bad. I'm aware of all those band but I feel I do need to give Russian circles a proper listen.

The record was delayed multiple times, so by the time they shipped, it was outside paypals window for a refund. Everyone seems to have got theirs months ago, while I have no word on mine. I've emailed the label (Jeff Rosenstock) multiple times and I get no response. It was paid with paypal through my bank account, no a card, so I can't issue a charge back. No clue what to do from here. I'm pretty fucking bitter, since I love the records I ordered, but it's off putting what is happening (Jeff is in the band). I want my fucking $40 back or my records.

I know, right? PTM is playing a huge venue in Cleveland, and the first time I saw them was in a shitty dive venue with like 10 people there.

Don't forget the PayPal window is 180 days now!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic