So I tried AGAIN to get into Guilty of Everything. I just can't and it's just because of the vocals. Showgaze vocals just grate on me and I don't know why. Same reason I can't listen to My Bloddy Valentine for more than one song.

vocals on the new one are much much more clearer and almost less gazy. very clear.

Well, I officially finished restoring the house I've been working on for 2 months. The first people to view it not only offered more than we were asking, but want to do a 3 year lease on the place. Pretty stoked on that for my Dad. Now he can finally relax and take some free time to do whatever it is he wants to do.

Now to look for a part time job so I can manage the properties at the same time until I move. Hmm. What to do part time that doesn't take any training that won't want to make me blow my brains out day 1... hmmm.

Well, I officially finished restoring the house I've been working on for 2 months. The first people to view it not only offered more than we were asking, but want to do a 3 year lease on the place. Pretty stoked on that for my Dad. Now he can finally relax and take some free time to do whatever it is he wants to do.

Now to look for a part time job so I can manage the properties at the same time until I move. Hmm. What to do part time that doesn't take any training that won't want to make me blow my brains out day 1... hmmm.

First off, congrats dude. The stuff you've done that you've shown us was ace, so I'm not surprised everyone involved is more than happy with it. Did you think about doing something similar for the time being? I mean, ask people you or your parents know if they need to get shit done around the house for $12 an hour or something like that? Building stuff is definitely more satisfying then selling ice cream at Hagen Dasz. Also you're seriously good at it.

BTBAM - BTBAM ($6 and change)

Interpol - TOTBL ($10)

Pelican - Some 12" EP I forget the name of ($4)

The Shins - Chutes too Narrow ($7)

The code didn't apply to Cult Leader - Lightless Walk so I held off. Had to stop looking because I would have gotten out of hand.

Not familiar with all of it but I've at least heard of it. I've got to sell some records to pay for my order

First off, congrats dude. The stuff you've done that you've shown us was ace, so I'm not surprised everyone involved is more than happy with it. Did you think about doing something similar for the time being? I mean, ask people you or your parents know if they need to get shit done around the house for $12 an hour or something like that? Building stuff is definitely more satisfying then selling ice cream at Hagen Dasz. Also you're seriously good at it.

Thanks, man. I definitely appreciate the kind words. I've been doing it on and off for 5 years, and have been doing general carpentry for ten years from designing and building skate ramps. I also took technical drawing, architecture, engienerring, woodworking, CAD, welding, and circuitry in middle / high school. So thankfully I've retained a lot of that knowledge which comes in handy a lot.

It was a lot more work than I thought it was going to be. I was planning for 4 weeks, but it turned into more like 8-10, which I'm ok with cause it came out really well. I think the pergola I build (my first) is my favorite - which I added outdoor lighting to the other day so people can see when they grill at dusk / dark. And I am thinking about it, but it's harder to find - most of those jobs are more construction based. I'm trying to see if my Dad would be down for another flip, but we need to rend out the other condo he has first to make that work. I would love to do hands on stuff like renovation stuff. I'm all for it cause it's challenging, but not too laborious. Way better than an office or retail job for sure.

Definitely have too put off my Caspian order until next week now.

Maybe I'll try to find some stuff to sell

I tossed that Periphery up because I like the album but I don't like it enough to keep it at what it's currently going for. I don't want it gone though but I hope there'll be a RP. The rest of my stuff I'm 99% attached to

Uh oh, I can feel Matt typing a paragraph now!

I've never heard anything past Colors but I've been meaning to. 

Haha. I can't have this discussion again. He can go back and read it if he wants. I'm just surprised since he listens to a lot of bands that influenced them. If you don't like BTBAM you're just straight fucking up.

Try out The Great Misdirect, bud. You'll dig it. Same with the two Parallax stories.

Haha. I can't have this discussion again. He can go back and read it if he wants. I'm just surprised since he listens to a lot of bands that influenced them. If you don't like BTBAM you're just straight fucking up.

Try out The Great Misdirect, bud. You'll dig it. Same with the two Parallax stories.

If you can upload one for me now I can download it in the 30 minutes I have between getting home from school and going to work, and I'll listen while washing dishes. Throw in any random post-rock record, too, cuz I need something new for what I anticipate will end up being a 7 hour shift!

I read it before and appreciate it, I just don't dig the vocals. Something about it rubs me the wrong way

If you can upload one for me now I can download it in the 30 minutes I have between getting home from school and going to work, and I'll listen while washing dishes. Throw in any random post-rock record, too, cuz I need something new for what I anticipate will end up being a 7 hour shift!

I got you, bud. I'll throw on a post rock album or two as well.

I have every Caspian album already up if you need any.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic