Why is this particular variant so rare exactly? 

Black hole.

Black hole.

Yup.

As well you should! If she was president of the United States, she'd be Babebraham Lincoln.

Hahaha. YES.

I know his pain. There are a handful of Kozelek related items I know exist, but have never even seen proof of...

Edit: At least that thing has a Discogs listing, no one has bothered to even create listings for a few of the white whales I have. 

I've only heard of this selling once, and it was a private sale. I know the details, but have never seen it anywhere else, ever. I got insanely lucky. Only a handful are known to exist for some reason. Supposedly 150 exist, but only 10 are accounted for according to Discogs. So I think maybe 15 exist at most.

Would I want to get a preamp with it or is the onboard decent? I think I am just going to say fuck looking for an older piece of gear and get this assuming it's comparable to my Marantz 2225/SX-780

The onboard is still great with it. I actually swapped out my current amp, and used the RX with and without my phono pre to test it out again. The on board is just as good as my pre. So I honestly don't think you'll need one, unless you get a MM/MC down the road.

The onboard is still great with it. I actually swapped out my current amp, and used the RX with and without my phono pre to test it out again. The on board is just as good as my pre. So I honestly don't think you'll need one, unless you get a MM/MC down the road.

Great. How are you going to ship it? I have no clue how to ship something that big and heavy. 

USPS. I think it's like $30 to ship it judging by the weight. It's actually not too heavy.

I meant what kind of box. Shipping stereo gear has me worried because my dad ordered an amp that wasn't packed well and was beat to shit when it came and had to be mailed back. 

Random note, but does it have a remote? I was just curious.

I meant what kind of box. Shipping stereo gear has me worried because my dad ordered an amp that wasn't packed well and was beat to shit when it came and had to be mailed back. 

Random note, but does it have a remote? I was just curious.

I have the original packaging so all is good. I've bought three amps online, and have never had a problem cause they come in original packaging. The form fitting packaging / foam is what does the trick. People wrapping it in random bubble wrap is asking for trouble.

I'm pretty sure it does.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic